Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was the half time team talk?

I've no idea. I'm responding to some comments on here that in public he was complacent about how disappointing yesterday was or that he had said "nothing" in his post match interviews..
He didn't and he wasn't.

He looked pretty angry on the toucline to me, more animated than I remember him.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No idea why they didn't but Hughton was constantly telling them to push forward throughout the 2nd half.

So you are suggesting that the entire team - all of them - were blatantly ignoring the most basic of instructions from the manager? Really? Then we do have more of a problem than I thought. I thought it was just CH's negative and naive tactics. You are suggesting that the players are no longer listening to the manager ie he has lost the dressing room.

That's a bit too much to believe...even for me!!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
So you are suggesting that the entire team - all of them - were blatantly ignoring the most basic of instructions from the manager? Really? Then we do have more of a problem than I thought. I thought it was just CH's negative and naive tactics. You are suggesting that the players are no longer listening to the manager ie he has lost the dressing room.

Hughton's comments on the Argus site suggest you're right...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Not so much ignoring but simply incapable of carrying out the instructions might be more the point.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Didn't ignore but simply didn't play well enough and got pushed back. Dunk said after the game that they took their foot off the pedal and that they might have subconsciously thought they had it won. It's easier for players to go backwards and try and play safe rather than pushing forwards and risk leaving gaps - too many players were taking that easy option. Wasn't what Hughton instructed them to do though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here