Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the long term project of the club ????

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
There's not many teams who've come up and flown like we have season 1 and season 2.

We're doing fine. Where were Bournmouth who you use as an example, in their 1st and 2nd seasons?

Where do most teams who come up finish?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There's not many teams who've come up and flown like we have season 1 and season 2.

We're doing fine. Where were Bournmouth who you use as an example, in their 1st and 2nd seasons?

Good post, looking at the teams that we came up with we are doing rather well. Following the Albion for many years one thing is for certain we never seem to win the dead certs ie Cardiff last week no big shock there for me same probably at Huddersfield but who cares as long as we do enough.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On another note, if you were Aaron Connolly, would you sign another contract for a manager who plays that way with the talent at his disposal on the pitch and the bench? Would you ****.
Must be incredibly frustrating for benched players who are lucky to get 10 mins even though subs in many games should be brought on way earlier...youngsters have no hope here to be honest as hooten has his favs no matter how bad they're playing....:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

It's not like that for many fans as we like to be entertained rather than bored to death.
It's getting similar to most of poyets games where you'd fall asleep as it was so boring and predictable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. And so does Hughton. Respect and patience. Howe has had plenty of time to progress and his fans and board have let him. In his 2nd season he was equally losing to relegation candidates and “struggling” early on. (15 points after 13.)

No doubt you’ll correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t Bournemouth always played without fear even if they did and do get the occasional hammering? There are more than one way of skinning a cat and they have played entertaining football to watch in most games since they got promoted. Is it really too much to expect us to do more than just hang on in every game regardless of the quality of the opposition?

Before the usual suspects jump in suggesting I go and watch them instead of us maybe they can just give credit it where it’s due to the difference between Hughton’s fear of losing and Howe’s “ we’ll take the game to the opposition and entertain the fans” philosophy. Is it really sacrilege to suggest that they might have a manager better suited to this division than us?

I am not suggesting sacking CH but I admit that I am just a little envious of Bournemouth’s attitude to this division.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We haven't recruited well enough and that means we never rotate the squad like other clubs ...still many from our championship season that just are not good enough.
Think the plan is to yoyo and the academy players to come through eventually.
We spent 60 million and that's really worrying as it seems wasted !!

60 million is peanuts in the Premier League.
Yoyo? When were we in the relegation zone?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
The plan.

Survive and stabilize (mid table) over the next 2 - 3 years. Start to see the academy produce players - minimum of multiple player loans at championship level clubs - with the best getting their chance or being sold to fund the next generation. Belgium feeder club to produce several "special" European players. Europa league year 5 and 6. We have managed to gain wins when not playing well(was always a sign of a good team years ago) and every BHA fan knows that historically over the years The Albion would win games at tough places then lose at home the very next game to a complete load of dross. It's just our way. Happy with Hughton to deliver the next 2- 3 years, by then the remains of the Championship era players in the squad will all but be gone, less the younger ones like Dunk, March etc but even they will have probably sought moves or are sold to be replaced by fresh blood.

Slick Cherry

Banned
Oct 26, 2018

Bournemouth finished 9th in our 2nd season....hth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The plan.

Survive and stabilize (mid table) over the next 2 - 3 years. Start to see the academy produce players - minimum of multiple player loans at championship level clubs - with the best getting their chance or being sold to fund the next generation. Belgium feeder club to produce several "special" European players. Europa league year 5 and 6. We have managed to gain wins when not playing well(was always a sign of a good team years ago) and every BHA fan knows that historically over the years The Albion would win games at tough places then lose at home the very next game to a complete load of dross. It's just our way. Happy with Hughton to deliver the next 2- 3 years, by then the remains of the Championship era players in the squad will all but be gone, less the younger ones like Dunk, March etc but even they will have probably sought moves or are sold to be replaced by fresh blood.

If some of those promotion players are still with us in two years time and performing well, I’m more than happy with that. Stephens, Dunk, Knockaert and Duffy have proved themselves PL class in their particular roles. Any weaknesses with the current squad lie elsewhere, including expensive signings yet to prove worthwhile.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sustained Prem presence in mid table...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sustained Prem presence in mid table...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...always losing to big 6 each season. And Palace. Yippee, where do I sign up for, the PL is just soooo exciting!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have no concerns about the long term vision of the club. What I have concerns about is the short term performances on the pitch, we have no vision and we have no strategy. I love Chris Hughton, he's one hell of a man and an ideal manager for our club. But I'm concerned he's doing what he did at Norwich and didn't get the chance to do at Newcastle.

I would love to know what his true ambition is. Does he want to win the Premier League? The FA Cup? Why not? This is a team which, I believe, can beat almost anyone in this league. Man City and Liverpool may be a bridge too far but the others? Why not go into every game talking about how we win it. Not about getting to the levels we need to be at, talking about scoring from a set piece in every game. Talking about unleashing the wingers we've spent so much money on. Playing a man recently deployed by Holland as a number 10 higher up the pitch and telling our fulcrum of Stephens, Duffy, Dunk and Ryan that their level of responsibility is going up in this team.

I believe this is the best team we've ever had. I believe that Chris Hughton is the best manager we've ever had and I want to go to every game thinking we're going to win it. Say whatever you want about Gus Poyet but 2010/2011 we went into every game knowing we'd have a right go at it. Charlton 0-4 Brighton. Peterborough 0-3 Brighton. Both teams were 2nd in the league at the time, just a week apart. 8 games played in March 2011, 8 games won. Yes, we had the best team in the league by a mile because we'd recruited it. We've recruited one hell of a squad now, but we're hiding it under a veil of mediocrity and behind a lack of clear direction.

Let's be ****ing brilliant again. :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's not like that for many fans as we like to be entertained rather than bored to death.
It's getting similar to most of poyets games where you'd fall asleep as it was so boring and predictable.

I’ve always loved this re-writing of history, concerning Gus

We beat
Barnsley 5-1,
Blackpool 6-1
Palace 3-0
Huddersfield 4-1
Massive 3-1
Ipswich 3-1
Burnley 3-0
And drew with Wolves 3-3

But, I agree, boring and predictable:ffsparr:

We also scored 69 league goals in his last season.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I have no concerns about the long term vision of the club. What I have concerns about is the short term performances on the pitch, we have no vision and we have no strategy. I love Chris Hughton, he's one hell of a man and an ideal manager for our club. But I'm concerned he's doing what he did at Norwich and didn't get the chance to do at Newcastle.

I would love to know what his true ambition is. Does he want to win the Premier League? The FA Cup? Why not? This is a team which, I believe, can beat almost anyone in this league. Man City and Liverpool may be a bridge too far but the others? Why not go into every game talking about how we win it. Not about getting to the levels we need to be at, talking about scoring from a set piece in every game. Talking about unleashing the wingers we've spent so much money on. Playing a man recently deployed by Holland as a number 10 higher up the pitch and telling our fulcrum of Stephens, Duffy, Dunk and Ryan that their level of responsibility is going up in this team.

I believe this is the best team we've ever had. I believe that Chris Hughton is the best manager we've ever had and I want to go to every game thinking we're going to win it. Say whatever you want about Gus Poyet but 2010/2011 we went into every game knowing we'd have a right go at it. Charlton 0-4 Brighton. Peterborough 0-3 Brighton. Both teams were 2nd in the league at the time, just a week apart. 8 games played in March 2011, 8 games won. Yes, we had the best team in the league by a mile because we'd recruited it. We've recruited one hell of a squad now, but we're hiding it under a veil of mediocrity and behind a lack of clear direction.

Let's be ****ing brilliant again. [emoji106]
Can't argue with that

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I’ve always loved this re-writing of history, concerning Gus

We beat
Barnsley 5-1,
Blackpool 6-1
Palace 3-0
Huddersfield 4-1
Massive 3-1
Ipswich 3-1
Burnley 3-0
And drew with Wolves 3-3

But, I agree, boring and predictable:ffsparr:

We also scored 69 league goals in his last season.

Not only that, we had positive targets, promotion from Div 1 and then aiming for promotion to the PL.

The only target we now have apparently is the negative one of not being relegated.

Doesn’t make for exciting times at the moment but like any long term fan, I live in hope.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The aim is the same as every other business in the country..to stay in business.

For us that means staying in the premier league for ever.

If we managed to win something along the way that is a bonus, but not the Main aim.

Kerching$$$$$$$$$$$

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not only that, we had positive targets, promotion from Div 1 and then aiming for promotion to the PL.

The only target we now have apparently is the negative one of not being relegated.

Doesn’t make for exciting times at the moment but like any long term fan, I live in hope.

I prefer to think our targets are establish ourselves as a stable PL club, and build gradually into a top 8 club, to do this, we can’t afford to be relegated, as to get out of the Championship is a far harder task than staying up, even if that does include pretty unedifying performances.
We have to be patient, and like our promotion two seasons ago, we will achieve it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here