Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong or Bernardo?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thought he played well. Can't believe it was the same player who was so awful against Watford.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bernardo did well today. A great athlete and pretty physical. Long term looks a good prospect. Needs a bit more composure on the ball but I’d go Bernardo

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was looking forward to seeing him and he was right in front of me first half and I thought he was shocking, constantly out of position it was only his pace that got him out of trouble, offered nothing going forward either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO he put an absolutely perfect cross into the Leicester box in the 1st half, better than Bongo has managed in two seasons.
Bernie over Bongo all day long, considering its only his 2nd start, and at Watford he was switched from l/back to r/back when Bruno
went off with a hamsting problem, I thought he was superb

Footiefishy

Aug 11, 2018
I personally think Bong is the biggest liability I have seen in the team for a number of years. Bernardo played brilliantly today and deserves to keep his place.

P.S do we have any East Anglian Seagulls here?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If you try to be creative you will make the odd mistake.
Haven't seen Bong make a forward pass all season.
Bernardo's pace came in handy more than once in the first half.

But hey, Bong was only rested because he has played 2 games this week already.
He'll be straight back in at Uddersfield as they make hay down our left side just like Cardiff.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Time to feel the Bern. Finally great to have a LB on the pitch that could cross the ball. Thought he showed a good first touch and skill at times.

#teambernie

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bernardo was excellent, but there is still a place in the 25 if Gaetan wants it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IMHO he put an absolutely perfect cross into the Leicester box in the 1st half, better than Bongo has managed in two seasons.
Bernie over Bongo all day long, considering its only his 2nd start, and at Watford he was switched from l/back to r/back when Bruno
went off with a hamsting problem, I thought he was superb

The same Bong who was passing Brazilians during the week & getting good passes into the box?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure that’s true, and none of them led to a goal.

Incidentally, Bong for me!!!!

Bernado in time but not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha the 'could have scored' goals Bong has (not) let in, according to NSC, is the reason why he's shithouse.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Thought that Bernardo had a better first touch when the ball was pinged to him at any pace. His distribution was pretty good and he put across an excellent low cross in the first half

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The same Bong who was passing Brazilians during the week & getting good passes into the box?

Like the Brazilians really turn it on for a Micky Mouse friendly.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I thing Bernie will do well with more games and experience. I much prefer his approach to a game than Bongs as I get sick of seeing Bong back passing all the time. Bernardo actually looked like he wanted to go forward.

Funny how we see things differently. I got sick of Bernardo endlessly back passing and looking too scared to go forward...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here