Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong or Bernardo?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bernardo is faster, passes better, crosses better and tackles just as well on today's evidence.

BERNIE INN

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This could be a bigger argument than the final of Worlds Hardest Creature.

I'm yet to see Bernardo play, so i can't say. I am however concerned by Bong at times. When he's good he's immense, when he's bad, he's a liability. If anything i'd say Bernardo needs more time than he has to come to any real decision.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
We are not looking for clones are we? Bernardo should be given an extended run out. Only then will we be able to say who provides more to the team.

Last edited:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Im not quite sure how Bernardo got MOTM I wasn't overly impressed tbh but in his defence (no pun) I think players, especially in positions where there is no hiding need a run of games.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
In 3 seasons we have seen multiple fullbacks signed to replace Bong yet every time CH returns to using Bong as his first choice as he is reliable and effective and works very well alongside Dunk.

I was very impressed with Bernardo today especially when we were playing the ball out from the back and his pass into the box in the first half showed so much quality I would select him to see more of them. Bernardo was caught the wrong side of his opposition on a few occasions but he managed to recover and looked decent, something that playing a handful of games will help to rectify and in him I can see a great addition to the squad

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was fantastic.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would probably just err on the side of The good Doctor, Wouldn’t stop me buying another in the January window though , we look vulnerable in that position more than any other .

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need to make sure he learns ONE position in our system and doesn't suffer from his ability to do a bit of a job anywhere across the back or in midfield. Young and from everything heard here and elsewhere, very coachable. Long term answer at LB with Bong a very capable back-up.

We used to be an amazing unit and then added a hell of a lot of good players with potential to be very good. Just need to solidify now and if we do add bodies, make them one elite player not 6 or 7 new, young, ones from now on.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Their pride says yes. I watched the game. I also watch Bong play.
You show your contempt by calling him Bongo.

I also watch Bong play, as I watched Bernardo play yesterday, i'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours.
No contempt meant, that is his nickname in the area of the gound where I sit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was very impressed with Bernardo’s defensive contribution, his pace is very good indeed. I prefer Bong a little when we attack and for that reason, I’m team Bong but he has very real pressure on his place now.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I was very impressed by Bernardo and agreed that he was MoM. He deserves to keep the shirt. But I expect Bong will be back next week. And March will replace Jose...........

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Bernado looked quality and a completely different player to the one who started at Watford in August. He played quite well in central defence against Southampton in the league cup, but yesterday he showed the real reasons we bought him, strong, quick and put in some very good crosses. I would put him above Bong in the pecking order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here