Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield and Palace up next. Anyone feeling a bit twitchy?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Two teams we invariably play pathetically against.

Would probably take 2 points already.

I think we need at least 4 points from the next 3 games..... but are well in credit thanks to some lucky wins.

Odd season so far

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think we need at least 4 points from the next 3 games..... but are well in credit thanks to some lucky wins.

Odd season so far

You are always ‘twitchy’ lol..but I agree been an odd season to date

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Four bogey games IMHO between now and the end of the year, plus the small matter of Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton.

December could be a rough old month.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
My prediction is we will go 1-0 up in first 20 mins and then try to defend for 70 mins (plus injury time). They will score around 80 mins after we haven’t given their goalkeeer a touch since scoring. We will either then see it out OR lose a last minute winner. CH will then comment that we have to take our chances and they are a very good team!
Same old tactics every week I’m afraid!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes!

1 point from 3 games against Everton, Cardiff and Leicester is a really poor return and not great preparation for games where we really need to pick up points against sides who will be really up for it against us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We'll score in the 10th minute, put 11 men behind the ball, make the most blocks the Prem has ever seen and lose 2-1 in both games.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Huddersfield we'll get battered, we just can't deal with the way they play. Palace, who knows? Depends on whether we turn up or not, Gross and Propper will hopefully only get better/fitter. Has been a very odd season so far, but if we don't pick up points in the next 3 think we'll struggle to reach the 20 target at the halfway stage.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Palace will beat us, anyone who thinks otherwise needs medication. Our players simply don’t have a fearless, winning mentality going into derby matches. They go all pathetic and inept. 2 nil to them, with guess who scoring both. Murray will be injured and Locadia an embarrassment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Last year’s away game at Huddersfield was the worst I saw all season (I didn’t go to West Brom); they could/should have beaten us 4 or 5 nil. It was also the oddest team selection with Brown and Schelloto on the wings and Knockaert dropped from the squad completely, despite travelling. It surely can’t be any worse this season, can it? I

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m really looking forward to them, I enjoy match day (it’s just the results I find a bit perplexing at times).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Palace will beat us, anyone who thinks otherwise needs medication. Our players simply don’t have a fearless, winning mentality going into derby matches. They go all pathetic and inept. 2 nil to them, with guess who scoring both. Murray will be injured and Locadia an embarrassment.

Just derby games?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
My prediction is we will go 1-0 up in first 20 mins and then try to defend for 70 mins (plus injury time). They will score around 80 mins after we haven’t given their goalkeeer a touch since scoring. We will either then see it out OR lose a last minute winner. CH will then comment that we have to take our chances and they are a very good team!
Same old tactics every week I’m afraid!
Brighton have taken the lead in 6 PL games this season, won 4, drew 1 and lost the other. I’d say those tactics are working fine?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Odd season so far

Funny isn't it, how when we win, they are lucky wins (even though we kept clean sheets in the 3 recent wins), yet when we get beat we are shite and Chris Hughton's tactics are negative...

Funny ol' game, ain't it?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You are enjoying them are you? What happened in the last 2 games?

Don’t like the facts then? I’m enjoying life as an Albion fan. 15 points from 11 games and 7 points clear of 17th. Leicester are a very good side, they beat is on aggregate 4-0 last season!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Last year’s away game at Huddersfield was the worst I saw all season (I didn’t go to West Brom); they could/should have beaten us 4 or 5 nil. It was also the oddest team selection with Brown and Schelloto on the wings and Knockaert dropped from the squad completely, despite travelling. It surely can’t be any worse this season, can it? I

I went to both. For my sins. There were redeeming features in the West Brom game, but none in the Huddersfield one. We were just awful.
In our promotion season, I thought Huddersfield were awesome in their home game against us, but they really didn't need to be last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here