Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield and Palace up next. Anyone feeling a bit twitchy?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m usually a glass brimming over type of bloke, but, I can’t see anything but 2 defeats in our next 2 games.

I’m really not cut out to be a pessimist, I don’t like it at all.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You say that as if there is some sort of contradiction there. 'Lucky win' = we didn't play well, tactical choices were wrong, fortune was the reason we won; 'get beat we are shite' = didn't play well because the tactics were wrong.

It's actually entirely consistent.

What was it about the tactics that were different for Man Utd , where the consensus was that we played attractive football and won ?
It can't have been a different type of possession game (it was only 33%) or Chris let the "handbrake off" - we had just 3 shots on target and 3 corners or the formation (it was the normal 4-4-1-1) or the players (pretty similar to rest of season) .
So what was it ? Perhaps we just played or performed better ? Or Man Utd didn't ? Was it "fortune" then ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was it about the tactics that were different for Man Utd , where the consensus was that we played attractive football and won ?
It can't have been a different type of possession game (it was only 33%) or Chris let the "handbrake off" - we had just 3 shots on target and 3 corners or the formation (it was the normal 4-4-1-1) or the players (pretty similar line) .
So what was it ? Perhaps we just played or performed better ? Or Man Utd didn't ?

I don't know. And I'm not judging the tactics. I'm judging Darkwolf's suggestion that there's something inconsistent about criticising the team as lucky when they won and not playing well when they don't win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a load of old bet-wettery. What a shower of negative weasels. Is this some sort of cunning plan to encourage the lurking oppos to think we are a push over and already looking up train timetables for Luton for next season? Ye gods. Pull yourselves together. FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To add to this - Hudds tails are up after winning today.

My tail is also up. And I can promise you, there is no need whatsoever to buy a tin hat. Because it is all a load od old bollocks.

Anything can happen. And it probably will.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a load of old bet-wettery. What a shower of negative weasels. Is this some sort of cunning plan to encourage the lurking oppos to think we are a push over and already looking up train timetables for Luton for next season? Ye gods. Pull yourselves together. FFS.

After Huddersfield's inspiring away win today I fear for us. Bedwettering.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you start with minimal 'optimistic' attacking intent and descend to panicked shit scared last ditch defending, you will lose or draw at best with the occasional fluke win, we've had 3 very lucky wins, and now our methods are thoroughly 'found out' we're only going one way Until something changes.

Twitching like Bill Oddie having been cornered by a coke fuelled Freddie Mercury!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I regard Huddersfield as a test of whether Chris Hughton had got what it takes to take us to the next level. We've played them enough times under Wagner to be fully aware of how they play so does he have the tactical acumen to combat their style of play and get the win?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Great post. I'd like to think yes, I want to say yes, but based on the last 6 games. . . . . I have grave concerns.

I regard Huddersfield as a test of whether Chris Hughton had got what it takes to take us to the next level. We've played them enough times under Wagner to be fully aware of how they play so does he have the tactical acumen to combat their style of play and get the win?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After Huddersfield's inspiring away win today I fear for us. Bedwettering.

This may help :thumbsup:

spong.jpg

heater-el-768x576.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I went to stock up on mattress protectors this morning - everywhere was out of stock :(

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Great post. I'd like to think yes, I want to say yes, but based on the last 6 games. . . . . I have grave concerns.
I really hope that Hughton shows a bit of tactical flex in this game at Huddersfield. They play an aggressive pressing game but are then open to balls through their high line of defence. Should be looking to start Andone upfront for his pace and possibly Bissouma in midfield to add some verve.
In the last two games up there we simply got blown away by their work rate. We must match it on Saturday. A two man midfield of Propper and Kayal won't do it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I really hope that Hughton shows a bit of tactical flex in this game at Huddersfield. They play an aggressive pressing game but are then open to balls through their high line of defence. Should be looking to start Andone upfront for his pace and possibly Bissouma in midfield to add some verve.
In the last two games up there we simply got blown away by their work rate. We must match it on Saturday. A two man midfield of Propper and Kayal won't do it.

Very good point. Would not surprise me to see the changes you suggest. Murray had a knock yesterday and Hughton might decide this will be the game to start Andone. I hope so it may suit his game a fast back and forth ding donger.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Said the same on this and other threads. I’d go further though. Pick a team with the physicality to match a Wagner team that will press and hunt us down. Get in their faces before they get in ours. HUGE game for our management, team and us.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The Palace match can't come quickly enough, the whole club need a game like that. Stand or Fall match. The crowd will not let certain players get away with sub-par performances in that match, nor can Hughton set up to defend in THAT match. No fecking way.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Palace match can't come quickly enough, the whole club need a game like that. Stand or Fall match. The crowd will not let certain players get away with sub-par performances in that match, nor can Hughton set up to defend in THAT match. No fecking way.

Good post :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here