Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester: a point gained or two points dropped?

Was Leicester a point gained or two points dropped?

• A point gained

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 226 90.0%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Both.

Two points dropped as that game was the taking and should have been comfortable and if not for our negativity would have comfortable.

Point gained because the tactics and the way we played, we deserved nothing out of that game.

To sit back against ten men, at home, against a mid-table side, 1-0 up, is simply not acceptable.

Hughton needs to have a good look at himself. Fans will accept that against the top teams and away from home, but not against a mid table side, 1-0 up, against 10 men. Simply not good enough.

You should stick to football posts because this is bang on :thumbsup:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Definitely two dropped. One up against ten men and we still sit back for the best part of an hour. What is most worrying is that it was nothing unusual - we were one up against Cardiff, sat back and lost, against Wolves we managed to hold on, just. When are we going to learn to try and put the game to bed? A very depressing drive back to Devon this evening after that @##$dished up in the second half.

On the other hand, on to the next game and three points at Huddersfield. Up the Albion!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I had to go out this afternoon. I left just after the sending off - we were 1-0 up, playing well and against ten men; in control of the game, and IIRC the BBC stats at that time showed no Leicester shots, let alone any on target.
I came home to find we'd stumbled our way to a 1-1 draw, so definitely 2 points lost.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Two Points dropped, BUT nowhere near as negative a view on it all as most people on here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had to go out this afternoon. I left just after the sending off - we were 1-0 up, playing well and against ten men; in control of the game, and IIRC the BBC stats at that time showed no Leicester shots, let alone any on target.
I came home to find we'd stumbled our way to a 1-1 draw, so definitely 2 points lost.

Ryan didn't have to make a save. It was a silly penalty from Kayal.
It reminded me of the Everton home game last season, where they equalised due to silliness from Bruno conceding a penalty.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan didn't have to make a save. It was a silly penalty from Kayal.
It reminded me of the Everton home game last season, where they equalised due to silliness from Bruno conceding a penalty.

Agree with you, they came at us, and I’m not even sure the pen was a bit of a dive.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thought we played well till HT and first 5 mins of 2nd half, shall we call it 50/40!?

Really? I thought (and said) that we looked lost from about 5 mins after their bloke was sent off.

It was almost as though we had no plan to counteract them going to 3 at the back when they had possession...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally think the loss to Cardiff was more worrying as they were poor. Leicester might have had only 10 men but they were great coming forward and as soon as Vardy came on I was worried about losing. So a point for me.

CH is taking a lot of stick but its the players that count when it comes to the match and they took their foot off the pedal once they went down to 10 men. Far too much backward passing for my liking. looking like England of years ago.

CH did get it wrong though. His substitution of March for AK was astounding when it was clear Gross was struggling as was Murray and Kayal. The latter had played his heart out but not surprising as Proper had eased up. March for Gross might have been better or maybe Andone. Bringing on Locadia in 87 minute was poor. But he is in credit with his tactics.....

But we are sitting 12th just up on our points per game rate. Anyone seen a replay of Gross offside goal?

Long trip to Huddersfield next week

Gross wasn't offside he was level.

Leicester are a midtable team. Not buying the hype that we have to be cowering in our own half pretending that Marc Allbrighton is De Bruyne or Hazard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here