Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester: a point gained or two points dropped?

Was Leicester a point gained or two points dropped?

• A point gained

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 226 90.0%

• Total voters

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I would've taken a point before the game, however saying that being a goal up against 10 men it was definitely 2 points dropped.
There are certain times when we have to go all out and today was a day we should've done that.
Very disappointing.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
2 dropped - the way we played in that second half was just asking for trouble.

No one minds if we go down with a bit of drive and fight but against 10 men that second half performance was appalling.

If I was a Leicester player waiting 5 minutes for Ryan to take one of those goal kicks, I would have been thinking “we’ve got them here”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The time wasting was pathetic. Park the bus, fair enough, trying to not play at all, whilst 1-0 up at home agint 10 men, is really not good.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
2 lost definately. Leicester with 10 men made us look like we were a man short. CH needs to be braver, should have put two up front when we held the initiative.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because you’ve always been negative, even when riding high in the Championship, your voice was always one of negitivity, like many it’s what the game means to you, an excuse to vent and be unhappy. Don’t get it personally.

And you’ve always resorted to getting arsey when posts don’t suit your agenda. Here’s an idea put me on ignore

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Perhaps Chris would appreciate the transfer and wage budgets Smug enjoys before making that call. FFP Smug, anyone!!?? :moo:

Poor old Chris struggling by with over £100M worth of signings

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Do we need poll....One up against eleven. Leicester down to ten,game in the bag surely....Not at all, Under the cosh in second half. two points softly conceded !!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
For what it's worth, I think CH has run the course. I know he won't be sacked/resign, but today, for me , was nearly the last straw. Murray got an injury in the first half, came out in the second half bandaged up. March replaced Knockaert and did no better. Andone eventually came on and imho showed what he could do if he was given more game time. To top it all, Locadia is sent on in the 89th minute and for the first time I can remember we have two up front.
I have become fed up with all the back passes when in attacking positions, yes we are sitting mid-table, but only courtesy of the dross below us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Personally think the loss to Cardiff was more worrying as they were poor. Leicester might have had only 10 men but they were great coming forward and as soon as Vardy came on I was worried about losing. So a point for me.

CH is taking a lot of stick but its the players that count when it comes to the match and they took their foot off the pedal once they went down to 10 men. Far too much backward passing for my liking. looking like England of years ago.

CH did get it wrong though. His substitution of March for AK was astounding when it was clear Gross was struggling as was Murray and Kayal. The latter had played his heart out but not surprising as Proper had eased up. March for Gross might have been better or maybe Andone. Bringing on Locadia in 87 minute was poor. But he is in credit with his tactics.....

But we are sitting 12th just up on our points per game rate. Anyone seen a replay of Gross offside goal?

Long trip to Huddersfield next week

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We had a free kick next to their corner flag in the first half and within around 20 seconds we had managed to pass the ball back to Ryan, very defensive at times.

D

Deleted member 18477

2 dropped. Awful 2nd half. Leicester were average and we aren't direct enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two dropped and, having defended him to the hilt forever, all down to Hughton's tactics.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For what it's worth, I think CH has run the course. I know he won't be sacked/resign, but today, for me , was nearly the last straw. Murray got an injury in the first half, came out in the second half bandaged up. March replaced Knockaert and did no better. Andone eventually came on and imho showed what he could do if he was given more game time. To top it all, Locadia is sent on in the 89th minute and for the first time I can remember we have two up front.
I have become fed up with all the back passes when in attacking positions, yes we are sitting mid-table, but only courtesy of the dross below us.

TB may have dismissed CH this evening, it’s just not leaked out yet.

We need a Jokanovic or Wagner type, to take us to the next level.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Both.

Two points dropped as that game was the taking and should have been comfortable and if not for our negativity would have comfortable.

Point gained because the tactics and the way we played, we deserved nothing out of that game.

To sit back against ten men, at home, against a mid-table side, 1-0 up, is simply not acceptable.

Hughton needs to have a good look at himself. Fans will accept that against the top teams and away from home, but not against a mid table side, 1-0 up, against 10 men. Simply not good enough.

Saved me typing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here