Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Those Murray ones are always difficult to call but, yes, a fair few of them probably should have gone our way. I think much of it is informed by two things: he'd already sent off one of their players; refs may well have got together on how to deal with Murray, because he has had a few decisions go his way this season.
A referee should never pre-judge a player. A foul is a foul regardless of which player it is committed against. The ref was very inconsistent today.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not read the whole thread, but I was there and didn’t boo at the end.

I can see why some did though. We were awful in the second half against 10 men. We didn’t push, we didn’t press and Schmeichel had nothing to do until we woke up in injury time.

It was obvious we were playing for 1-0 given the amount of time Ryan was taking on goal kicks and trying to do that is a recipe for disaster. There was no desire to push forward and kill the game - that is what people were fed up about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sensible, reasoned post. :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just disappointing.

Boo Vardy, boo Schmeichel (as he’s a cocknof the highest order), boo the poor linesman.

But never your own team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He prefers rightly to criticise privately but in this case he was actually very explicit in the post match interviews today how that was 2 points lost and “hugely disappointing” (so I’m not sure what interview the OP is referring to.

OK, I'll ask again: when aren't his interviews bland?
PS I haven't heard today's interview but I bet it was bland (which doesn't constitute a criticism).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Just to clear it up.

I know. You think looked like “relegation favourites” today ? ? Fair enough but for me
Not in the first half when we outplayed an expensive , top 10 team, and as frustrating as the 2nd half was and it clearly was , it was hardly poor enough to dislodge Hudds, Cardiff, Saints from that slot. (You might think otherwise)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No need to boo it was disappointing but not that bad

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
PS I haven't heard today's interview but I bet it was bland (which doesn't constitute a criticism).

OP was trying to suggest he just shrugged his shoulders at the result today. The interview was in fact nothing like that. Hardly fireworks but pretty honest as they go.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s up to the interviewer to assertively ask the hard questions. But in the PL, they all seem polite bottlers, in fear of getting a ban from the club or censored by their media outlet.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Clearly you weren't there, so you're not really in a position to call out Chris Hughton and his tactics, are you?

So by referencing the thoughts of other fans and the likes of Naylor, Warren and JC I’m not in a position to judge? Backwards logic.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I
I know. You think looked like “relegation favourites” today ? ? Fair enough but for me
Not in the first half when we outplayed an expensive , top 10 team, and as frustrating as the 2nd half was and it clearly was , it was hardly poor enough to dislodge Hudds, Cardiff, Saints from that slot. (You might think otherwise)

We apparently were ‘shit’ and ‘drivel’ ..although they haven’t actually confirmed match attendance

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Quite a few boo'd near me in WSU and yes it wasn't pretty - one old boy even fell asleep 2 rows in front. On the way out many comments on the train about not providing entertainment anymore. I nearly got into trouble by suggesting we're in the survival business, not the entertainment business - many did not agree so I shut up.

Having travelled to Gillingham years ago for every 'home' game I have certainly seen some dark days so to be disappointed with only drawing with Leicester is all relative to me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Opportunities to take three points , as good as today, don’t come around that often.
I don’t get why we so consistently go into our shell when in strong positions.
But I have faith in Chris, who has plenty in the bank in my view.
No way was I going to boo.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Some utter shitheads in the North Stand today trying to throw coins at kasper schmeichel but missing by some way and hitting the two front rows instead (where the kids were,) parents did not look happy at all.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Best way to sum up the game was the sublime to the ridiculous. First half was probably the best we have played all season. 1-0 up and playing against 10 men, the second half looked like we were rabbits caught in the headlights. Panicked every time we got the ball. In WSU, my perception was the booing was for the team, not the ref nor for Schmeichel however as I didn't ask everyone I, unlike others on this thread, can't be certain.

I don't boo the team myself but have no problem if those that have paid money to go to the game chose to do so. Today was two points lost and it was the team and management that caused that. Why when Murray was carrying an injury and Gross was fading was Knockaert the first player off? Didn't think he was playing badly. Oh, and no surprise that when we were struggling for most of the 2nd half, no subs until after 70 minutes!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some utter shitheads in the North Stand today trying to throw coins at kasper schmeichel but missing by some way and hitting the two front rows instead (where the kids were,) parents did not look happy at all.

Report it to the club and no doubt they'll check the cctv.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I

We apparently were ‘shit’ and ‘drivel’ ..although they haven’t actually confirmed match attendance

Sorry replace shit and drivel with I'll take whatever, whenever and I lick arse whatever the result. What would we do without your undying call to duty? The attendance was confirmed around the 85th minute, 30,500 or something around that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For the second game in a row, we've gone 1-0 up early and declared. No ideas, no enthusiasm, no work rate, no quality and no chances created. We were lousy today and it's because of the lack of tactics coming from the bench. Andone came on 20 minutes too late, the whole world could see that we needed to change it and we didn't. Had we lost, it would have been richly deserved for the utter, utter shit we put on again today. If Hughton can't get the team playing, come the summer, we'll need someone who can otherwise we will stagnate and become a rubbish Premier League club like Aston Villa and Sunderland were before their relegations. We'll be fine this season because the bottom 7 are a joke but we're not much better.

How much has been spent to assemble these pathetic and inept teams?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here