Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
'by all accounts'... what is that supposed to mean?

It wasn't great, no, but if you want to knee-jerk us back to the championship after a few weeks of below-par performances and a few CH decisions that he may wish to have again, you'll have to get past me first.

Why can't some people understand that the premier league is hard and we're not perfect?

100 per cent and also why cant some people understand that maybe just maybe some teams are just better than us

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
March was awful. He can't take set pieces as well as Knocky, can't beat players like Knocky and spent most of today giving the ball away.

The important instructions are given in the dressing room at half time not on the sideline when you can't hear over 30,000 people. Puel got them right and Hughton got them wrong.

We'll have to agree to disagree about March. Apart from 1 poor corner I thought he was good.

How do you know about what was said in the dressing room? I don't really think it likely that Hughton told them in the dressing room to sit back and then spend the whole second half telling them the opposite.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well there you go. That's why the commentators mentioned it. A few miseries in the West stand.
It certainly wasn't around the ground.

The WSU know their football and could plainly see the complete lack of attacking intent in the 2nd half (until Vardy's penalty) from their lofty vantage point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The WSU know their football and could plainly see the complete lack of attacking intent in the 2nd half (until Vardy's penalty) from their lofty vantage point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The commitment from Leicester in the second half put our display to shame. They competed with far more heart than us imo. This apparent acceptance of being second best, even against 10 men, along with what seemed like absolutely no game plan apart from stopping them scoring, was the most disappointing and worrying thing to me.

The substitutions did make a difference which begs the question, why wait so long?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Modern football is Panto, it's pampered Romans watching the Gladiators. Hence some Muppets will boo. I have never booed the Albion players. I did give Adam El Abd a thumbs down after the final whistle at the 0-5 at Selhurst but I learnt my lesson. Still have nightmares he'll come and find me.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
The ref fecked us again. We've had lots of 1-0 wins lately.

Yes it's annoying but over medium term it has been getting better. Just need to get more consistant but an average team will have ups and downs in this league.
Sorry, I thought I'd just read that the ref 'fecked' us again.........nothing to do with our 11 players on the park?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
didn't hear any boos - I'm in the North Stand - but there was a lot of anger and a distinct lack of applause (I didn't clap the players of the pitch - they didn't deserve it). As I see it:
either the players are doing exactly what CH tells them to do in which case we have a problem
or the players have stopped doing what he wants them to do in which case we have a problem

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its simple.....we do not score enough goals.....we regularly score one goal.....we rarely concede more than two goals.
We are not good enough to blow teams away. We have poor service from open play. We lack goals from midfield. We defend well and bravely but are prone to regular error. There are at least ten teams in the PL who are clearly better than us. We are well organised, hugely spirited and bond as a team. Our highest target position is, realistically, 11th. Today, we sit 12th.
Can we improve? Of course we can. Are we making too many mistakes? Yes, we are. Are other teams making mistakes? Yes, they are. Could we be more positive? Yes, we could. Would we benefit more by it? Well lets put it to the test. Lets go into the next three games and attack from the word go. Huddrsfld...Palace....Burnley. You would hope a pragmatic approach would realise 5 points. If we attack like crazy and win two out of three....fans would take that. If we attack like crazy and get 3-4 points, would there be rumblings about shedding important points to rivals?
At the moment, some fans are getting a little ahead of themselves. Yesterday was frustrating but we played a decent side, with better players and far more pace than us. They demonstrated how to counter-attack.They took the game away from us in the second half. Our tempo dropped and they forced us back. They deserved a point and we didn't deserve any more.
We have to accept the inevitable defeats. We have to continue to defend well. We have to improve concentration levels. We have to be a tad more clever. There are a host of clever players at this level, taking advantage of us at the moment. We are still a little naive at times.
Oh...and we have 15 points after 13 games, which, maintained, will realise over 40 points, which, despite a lot of fans saying we have been absolute gash, will be more than enough. And any fan who has any worries about survival just needs to look at our run of home fixtures from February onwards. CH is a careful manager. He wants to put points on the board, by whatever means. Despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, that was still an important point yesterday ( they took six off us last season ). Everyone knows we let ourselves down in the second half. Well, lets put it right over the next three games.

boik

After the first goal and Leicester down to 10 men, they were there for the taking. As soon as we score though, the whole team goes into defensive mode, and then f**ks up. Substitutions coming too late in the game, Glenn Murray carrying an injury and no attacking strategy whatsoever.

Booing is never justified, however perhaps CH may just get an inkling of the fans discontent for his tactics, or lack of.

Don't think that any team as good as Leicester is ever just "there for the taking"? You're either over-playing Albions quality or under-playing theirs.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I didn't hear any boos myself from the East Lower, but if there were, it's a disgrace as there was no need for it. Leicester played very well second half, i don't think it was a question of us not trying.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How do you know about what was said in the dressing room? I don't really think it likely that Hughton told them in the dressing room to sit back and then spend the whole second half telling them the opposite.

Of course no one knows WHAT was said in the dressing room but it clearly wasn't effective. That's the point.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pretty entertaining game I thought. Plenty going on all the way through - result always in the balance either way.

So by entertaining I suppose they mean it’s boring if Albion don’t win - which is not the same thing at all.

If we lost every single week, I’d get fed up with it but otherwise, for anyone that enjoys football, it’s hard to see what the problem is.

You'd wonder where some would go next if that happened....some getting there nickers in a twist over a draw and yearning for championship/league 1 football as if that would provide what they want week in week out...if only it was that simple

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, I just get the feeling you think 22 people on here talk bollocks whilst, of course, you are always right.

Once again....I referred to another post...not the one where you like to court thumbsup...but you will ignore that won't you as it doest suit your agenda

PS wasn't it 21 a minute ago...or are you monitoring it by the second?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Once again....I referred to another post...not the one where you like to court thumbsup...but you will ignore that won't you as it doest suit your agenda

I am so sorry not to go through 26 pages to find your correct post whilst the rest of us talk out of our arse. You are of course correct in everything you have said and anything else is bollocks. I therefore bow to your superiority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here