Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Why can't some people understand that the premier league is hard and we're not perfect?

The PL is hard and we are not perfect..........so when you are 1-0 up and one man up against a team that doesn't exactly sparkle then you don't play 11 men behind the ball and concede territory and possession or bad things will inevitably happen.

And they did.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And yet they were at their most animated urging the team forward at every opportunity...

If that was the case, then we appear to have a bigger problem than CH's tactics; the players aren't listening to him and following his instructions. That is an even bigger worry for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If that was the case, then we appear to have a bigger problem than CH's tactics; the players aren't listening to him and following his instructions. That is an even bigger worry for me.

Dunky admitted as much when he was interviewed post-match. I noticed CH urging players forward several times (we were joking about it, bit out of character).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Implication here is that they are in open revolt or something which is nonsense. When in fact they're just not playing as well as they can. Which Kayal and Dunk admitted in post match interviews.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Implication here is that they are in open revolt or something which is nonsense. When in fact they're just not playing as well as they can. Which Kayal and Dunk admitted in post match interviews.

Correct, that’s how I see it. They switched off, thinking it would be easy to beat 10 men.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Couple of days of reflection : Leicester played well for 45 minutes, we played well for 45 minutes draw seems fair result. I too was frustrated by what felt like a lack of pro-active changes from CH on Saturday (and maybe he reflects that way too - who knows) but at half-time it would have been perfectly reasonable to decide that we don't need to change anything - we had dominated the game, Leicester hadn't caused us one issue, they will tire, gaps will open up eventually and we can nick a second and go on and maybe win 3 or 4. The fact that it didn't maybe down to number of factors, not least that playing against 10 men doesn't always mean you win - we weren't far away from doing something similar ourselves at Cardiff, and if we had the quality/pace that Leicester have, maybe we would have done.
I thought Leicester were excellent. They played the same counter-attacking play with pace and style that won them the Premier League a couple of years ago - they are good at it, and arguably better at it than having to dominate teams like us. Our quality on the ball was the biggest disappointment (again), Izzy's poor header that ultimately leads to the penalty for example. I too would have loved to see CH react a little earlier, and force Leicester to face a different challenge 4-4-2 may have enabled us to put a little doubt in their heads about pushing full-backs on, but it may also have meant we gave them more space in the middle of the park for them to break into - I can see why given we were playing poorly, CH decided not to until it was arguably too late. I can accept that teams are better than us. I can accept that we have strengths that mean we are better being hard to beat than play teams off the park for 90 minutes. We can do that in spurts, and I believe we will get better the longer we can stay in the PL, and invest in the team. Oh, and I think we have a real struggle on our hands at Huddersfield and vs. Palace. Avoiding defeat might be a good result - not allowing a team to make ground on us. But that's because we are a team who is fighting relegation - we have been doing that pretty well this year, picking up more points in a quicker time frame than we might have expected, but lets not kid ourselves that we are clearly the 12th best team in the PL. We have been the 12th hardest team to beat so far - long may that last..

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Funny how we looked dangerous when the players decided that we actually needed to try and score a goal. Pathetic performance for the second game in a row, totally unacceptable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The PL is hard and we are not perfect..........so when you are 1-0 up and one man up against a team that doesn't exactly sparkle then you don't play 11 men behind the ball and concede territory and possession or bad things will inevitably happen.

And they did.

Ryan didn't have a save to make apart from the penalty, and 75% of penalties are converted. Both sides had three shots on target, so did Leicester play any better than us?
We had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've had a couple of comments like this, and I do wonder if people have played under a manager at any level? I played plenty of games where we were sent out to do one thing, but regardless of our best will in the world, the opposition had other ideas and we simply couldn't get our game together. That has nothing to do with listening or following, that was just us unable to carry out what we knew we should have been doing.

We got bamboozled Saturday, once we start losing the ball too often (clearly not a tactical instruction) we do get pegged back. It must be as frustrating for Hughton as it is for us, I'm almost certain he doesn't send them at to do what we did Saturday 2nd given how well we played in the first, doesn't mean they're not listening or not trying to do it though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not entitled... but doubly disappointing when you don't.

It's even worse when you lose 1-0 to nine men. I've seen us lose 7-1 to Huddersfield, and 4-1 to Cardiff.
It seems like every game is a catastrophe, at the moment.

Good grief, some people really do need to get a grip. (not you Titanic)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've had a couple of comments like this, and I do wonder if people have played under a manager at any level? I played plenty of games where we were sent out to do one thing, but regardless of our best will in the world, the opposition had other ideas and we simply couldn't get our game together. That has nothing to do with listening or following, that was just us unable to carry out what we knew we should have been doing.

We got bamboozled Saturday, once we start losing the ball too often (clearly not a tactical instruction) we do get pegged back. It must be as frustrating for Hughton as it is for us, I'm almost certain he doesn't send them at to do what we did Saturday 2nd given how well we played in the first, doesn't mean they're not listening or not trying to do it though.

Frustrating for Hughton it maybe, he also has the ability to change it where we don’t.
An injured centre forward but no change, two players on comeback from long term injuries becoming leggy but no change. He doesn’t appear to know you can make subs before it’s too late.

The reason we were poor second half is the managers fault.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Maybe it's the people who are apathetic to the dire performances of late who need to get a grip. Following this team at the moment is a very expensive chore. All the fun has been drained out of the experience by a team playing totally within itself .That's the reality of the situation. Luckily, we've had a few flukey results which give us the comfort of a nice lead over the bottom 3 but that could easily be gone this time next month.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Not entitlement but at 1-0 up and an hour with the extra man, totally expected to put the game to bed! Yes? No?

You would hope so, if everything goes well. Plenty of Cup shocks, wins against the odds, David vs.Goliath type wins that mean "Football doesn't always work like that". That's one reason why we love it. Yes? No?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here