Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Watched on a stream.
Not sure it's all down to tactics.
We seem unable to deal with teams that really press us, as Leicester did in the 2nd half especially after Vardy came on.
We panic and can't pass or retain possession.
Our response is to pass the ball backwards or sideways and that invites teams on to us.
We've got to deal with the press better. It's crazy that a 10 man team can do it successfully against us.
Huddersfield next ....

Ughhhh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he dive?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not good enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hughton appears to have coached the defensive tactics so well that it seems the first thought, even when we are starting to attack is to pass the ball back. I loved the first half today though as I thought we could push on as the game went on and we played pretty well if not with a killer instinct. Why didn’t CH motivate the team to take the game to Leicester in the second half? The late subsititions were exactly that ...late. I have serious doubts if CH is up to doing any more than just keeping us in this division. Sick of the “it’s all about survival” platitudes. Today was an opportunity to put a team to the sword but no, we allowed Leicester to grow into the game and for 35 mins in the second they showed far more desire than us, that is unacceptable imo and I blame CH for what feels like a loss today.

I really am not enjoying this season very much as we are happy to sit on leads and soak up the pressure without ever “going for it”. Against better teams I accept it but against Cardiff and today it was just very frustrating.

Last edited:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Hughton appears to have coached the defensive tactics so well that it seems the first thought, even when we are starting to attack is to pass the ball back. I loved the first half today though as I thought we could push on as the game went on and we played pretty well if not with a killer instinct. Why didn’t CH motivate the team to take the game to Leicester in the second half? The late subsititions were exactly that ...late. I have serious doubts if CH is up to doing any more than just keeping us in this division. Sick of the “it’s all about survival” platitudes. Today was an opportunity to put a team to the sword but no, we allowed Leicester to grow into the game and for 35 mins in the second they showed far more desire than us, that is unacceptable imo and I blame CH for what feels like a loss today.

I really am not enjoying this season very much as we are happy to sit on leads and soak up the pressure without ever “going for it”. Against better teams I accept it but against Cardiff and today it was just very frustrating.

This post totally sums up my thoughts!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The manager today make two excellent and timeous substitutions which ultimately changed the game.

Unfortunately, it was the other team's manager,

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Apologies if covered already bu I haven't read it all but has Schmeical been hypnotised into thinking he is the 4th official? Never seen so much rushing out of the area, bleating to the ref and histrionics from a 'keeper before. He really is a short arse big time kunnt.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Our game plan seems to really impact the play of all the attacking players we bring in.

CH style means any naturally attacking players all of a sudden have to waste half of their game tracking back to build the ultra negative walls we love to build down back.

If I was a skilful attacking footballer I wouldn't want to come play here under this manager.

And though I’ve really loved joining the BHA community as a fan (you guys are awesome), I don’t really understand why Alireza came here.. it doesn’t suit his playing style at all and makes him disappear. He is forced into a similar role in the national team (and similarly is not a truly “shining” player there) but in Holland his gifts in an attacking team were on full display. I’m not sure why he made the choice to come here. That being said, I’m happy to follow this team and be a part of the community.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Apologies if covered already bu I haven't read it all but has Schmeical been hypnotised into thinking he is the 4th official? Never seen so much rushing out of the area, bleating to the ref and histrionics from a 'keeper before. He really is a short arse big time kunnt.

Short arse??
How tall are you?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A point is a point is a point. See you next week.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Refreshing to see Maddison putting his hands up this morning and accepting his wrongdoing. No fukken chance of the Croydon cry baby displaying such humility is there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here