Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Met Police and Scooter tactics.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
NO. Blame the little sh**s that are committing the crimes.

Can’t go on blaming everyone except the people who are responsible.

What would you prefer, heavier taxes and a police state, or less crime?

Exactly, A criminal is a criminal and will do what they are going to do, despite who is in power, a quick easy buck.

I guess by this token you could blame the Tory government during the war for the exploits of Frankie Fraser and the like stealing left, right and centre from warehouses, shops, and bombed out homes..... If only they would have been more jobs available, and all the able policemen were not off fighting for his freedom to carry on stealing, Frankie would not have to have done what he did.............

Yeah right, all the Governments fault....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The problem is these criminals until now knew that if they were pursued on a moped the police likely wouldn’t get authorisation to carry on the pursuit. And even more so if they didn’t have a helmet on.

How would you tackle this crime which is a big problem?

Cheese wire

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Having seen first hand what these mugs do to people it’s a yes from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can they start stabbing knife wielders,as well!:thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just got to add to the near universal agreement in this thread, apart from a few obvious trolls as usual. At least they are amusing trolls and very obviously are dissenting for effect.

It’s one of those where it’s extremely hard to put forward a strong argument against the practice. Criminal commits theft. Is chased persuant to an arrest. Evades arrest, while putting their lives, the lives of other civilians and the police officers at risk. They have a chance to stop and explain their innocence. Instead they ignore warnings, flee the police, and put other - more important - lives at risk. The police are fully 100% in their rights to stop dangerous criminals.

Absolutely no arguments from anyone with a lick of sense.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Used to park my SX 150 outside the Goldstone and watched it from the top of the Chicken run in case it was nicked :rolleyes:

Used to park mine opposite Wigan Police Station where all the police parked their cars, and would go to Wigan Pier Alternative night and ride home pissed, thinking that I would never get stopped becasue no one would be that stupid.... It worked, I was a nipper back then though, and realise how stupid & lucky I was.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I know I’m going to get flamed, but as an ex PO, this is wrong for so many reasons.
I’ve read every post until now and not one seems to think this practice is absurd.
Very strange, and somewhat worrying.
Off course you will get flamed and you deserve to.

Maybe if you say why you think this practice is absurd and very strange, then may see your argument and not flame you.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Ridiculous absolutely psychotic behaviour by the police.
Christ almighty sure the moped rider shouldn't have nicked the handbag/purse whatever, but it's only a bloody crappy piece of pointless 21st century consumerist tat.
Hardly worth paralyzing or god forbid killing a young lad who's made a wrong choice more than likely because he's been let down by the country who should be protecting unfortunates like him.

tehe
Why is it psychotic.

All I would say is publicise the hell out it. So if the little shits know this is going to happen, and continue to use mopeds for crimes, then they do so knowing the likely outcome.

Up to them then isn't it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hardly worth paralyzing or god forbid killing a young lad who's made a wrong choice more than likely because he's been let down by the country who should be protecting unfortunates like him.
tehe

Nah! Disagree, injury falling off a moped is most likely to be just a dose of gravel-rash which is not too dissimilar to a public flogging.

Its a yes from me ....

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Would love to be an albion supporting copper tonight in one of those cars. Frustration would be greatly dissipated.........:lolol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Off course you will get flamed and you deserve to.

Maybe if you say why you think this practice is absurd and very strange, then may see your argument and not flame you.

When I joined the Police I swore an oath that has as it’s primary obijective “ To protect life”.
It dies not say “Who” to protect, just to Protect life. That includes everyone including those who are victims and perpetrators of crime, who are always considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, what’re ever the crime be it murder, theft, BOP or theft of a motor vehicle. The sentence is based upon the crime with or without a jury. The severity of the crime is based on written law. I do not believe in an eye for an eye. Causing an accident that could cause significant injury or death, before a proper trial has been presented to confirm a crime has been committed by the subject of an attack by excessive force, car vs moped, seems to me to be far in excess of standard police powers.
I am in no way apologising for any type of criminal behaviour but this in my view is not the way our laws should be used.
I also wonder about the mental state of any officer If they were the in a fatal road collision with a stolen moped teenager using a vehicle as what could be construed as a leathal weapon.
I believe that any crime should be dealt with using the full legal use of police powers and our courts.
Asking PO to ram moped riders in order to stop them would seem to be an affront to our legal system.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
When I joined the Police I swore an oath that has as it’s primary obijective “ To protect life”.
It dies not say “Who” to protect, just to Protect life. That includes everyone including those who are victims and perpetrators of crime, who are always considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, what’re ever the crime be it murder, theft, BOP or theft of a motor vehicle. The sentence is based upon the crime with or without a jury. The severity of the crime is based on written law. I do not believe in an eye for an eye. Causing an accident that could cause significant injury or death, before a proper trial has been presented to confirm a crime has been committed by the subject of an attack by excessive force, car vs moped, seems to me to be far in excess of standard police powers.
I am in no way apologising for any type of criminal behaviour but this in my view is not the way our laws should be used.
I also wonder about the mental state of any officer If they were the in a fatal road collision with a stolen moped teenager using a vehicle as what could be construed as a leathal weapon.
I believe that any crime should be dealt with using the full legal use of police powers and our courts.
Asking PO to ram moped riders in order to stop them would seem to be an affront to our legal system.

So you want gangs of moped riders terrorising London?

I don't give a shit what tactics the old bill use as long as they bring down the criminal alive.

They break a arm lose a leg tough effin shit.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
So you want gangs of moped riders terrorising London?

I don't give a shit what tactics the old bill use as long as they bring down the criminal alive.

They break a arm lose a leg tough effin shit.

I think the point is that using this tactic; the chances of bringing down a criminal ALIVE are considerably diminished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here