Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Met Police and Scooter tactics.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think the point is that using this tactic; the chances of bringing down a criminal ALIVE are considerably diminished.

So what, they make an on the spot risk assessment and bring the tosser down, it might hurt but those risk assessments now being taken by officers havnt resulted in any deaths.
Personally wouldnt give a toss if one of these gang members died and were taken out of the equation, they are thieving robbing twats, if one died its not only good for humanity removing the pond life from the gene pool it will act as a bigger deterrent against criminality

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think the point is that using this tactic; the chances of bringing down a criminal ALIVE are considerably diminished.

They are not randomly knocking people off, its only with known intelligence on the rider and only after they have failed to stop of there own accord do the police employ these tactics,

It is bought on themselves, until now they believed the police would employ these tactics hence no incentive to stop, now they have one to protect the're own self's, and lets be frank, that's all they are interested is is looking after no 1 one, so should come natural to them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So you dismiss something without even seeing if it works ???

They are designed to allow a passenger you plank! Maybe make it illegal to have more than one person in a car to stop bank robberies?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
is there anyway of expanding this to drive over burglars, these tossers deserve to be under a car doing some forward and backward manoeuvres

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fair game. Only issue is that the scooter seems roadworthy. After knocking the rider off the scooter and arresting them, there should be many more accidents as the car manoeuvres, which regrettably mean the scooters become a write off.

The attacks were getting more and more violent so the police's action is certainly a deterrent. The scooter often does not belong to the rider but has been nicked from someone.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
So what, they make an on the spot risk assessment and bring the tosser down, it might hurt but those risk assessments now being taken by officers havnt resulted in any deaths.

Prior to the police taking this action, they were involved in chasing a young man, Henry Hicks, who was riding without a crash helmet and who died when he crashed. The case went to the IPCC and resulted in their requesting disciplinary action to be taken against the officers involved. The Met therefore suspended chases of riders without helmets for some time, which resulted in a marked increased in this type of crime In London.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Prior to the police taking this action, they were involved in chasing a young man, Henry Hicks, who was riding without a crash helmet and who died when he crashed. The case went to the IPCC and resulted in their requesting disciplinary action to be taken against the officers involved. The Met therefore suspended chases of riders without helmets for some time, which resulted in a marked increased in this type of crime In London.

This chokes my chain. If someone is innocent, they would stop if a police car was behind them with the lights on, only the guilty run. So in this case, the idiot on the bike chose to try and run from the police and crashed. No one forced him. The Police should be protected.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Indeed, I think the fact that so few people are being prosecuted these days means standards are slipping. Yes, have unmarked vehicles used solely for policing drivers and cyclists and not pull them off that duty for other crimes or incidents. And yes, use the fines to fund other police numbers.

I have proposed just such a solution to Sussex Police in the past. I even extrapolated the number of cycling offences I had personally witnessed over seven day period in Worthingand calculated that the fines could pay for nearly two new PCSOs every year.

They didn't want to know! Quelle surprise.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I have proposed just such a solution to Sussex Police in the past. I even extrapolated the number of cycling offences I had personally witnessed over seven day period in Worthingand calculated that the fines could pay for nearly two new PCSOs every year.

They didn't want to know! Quelle surprise.
Extrapolation is flawed. Thats why london is more dangerous than the bronx

Yours usage is probably ok, but it usage normally is not

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This chokes my chain. If someone is innocent, they would stop if a police car was behind them with the lights on, only the guilty run. So in this case, the idiot on the bike chose to try and run from the police and crashed. No one forced him. The Police should be protected.

The "idiot" in this case was just 18. The police were protected ultimately as the inquest cleared them of gross misconduct.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wholeheartedly approve of these thieving ratboys getting sent sprawling by plod, and very much enjoyed watching it. Bravo, and more please.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The "idiot" in this case was just 18. The police were protected ultimately as the inquest cleared them of gross misconduct.

I wonder what response you would get from police in the USA if you refused to stop as directed ?

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
These scooter thieves are on the rise. Only last week a deliveroo driver was kicked off her scooter at the lights and had her scooter stolen in brighton. Cowards.

But I don't agree with giving Police officers the power to potentially kill someone over a bloody moped. There's some right scumbags who choose to become Police officers simply for the power they're given. Tell a psychopath to hit someone and they'll massacre them.

How long before a police officer drives into the wrong scooter (mistaken identity) and kills an innocent rider? I'll give it 3 months

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What do people think Police officers should do if the bike thief isn't wearing a helmet?

I could be wrong but doesn't the law state that Police aren't allowed to chase riders who aren't wearing helmets? In London most of the bike thieves remove the helmet when being chased thanks to knowing this law.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What do people think Police officers should do if the bike thief isn't wearing a helmet?

I could be wrong but doesn't the law state that Police aren't allowed to chase riders who aren't wearing helmets? In London most of the bike thieves remove the helmet when being chased thanks to knowing this law.

Precisely, so I'd give the Police protection to bring down the criminal, regardless. Otherwise we might as well surrender to mob rule. As long as the blues and twos are flashing these criminals know they should surrender. If they don't then do so, well, its fair game they're taken into custody whatever it takes. I don't care if they're under 18 or even 16. Wanna play the big man, well, expect to be treated like. You can't pretend to be a gangster one minute and next be asking for your mum and or youth officer to protect you. British public is sick of these scum. We want them off our streets and that's the objective, not the criminals rights if they get hurt in the process. Majority of people don't give a monkeys about that, including me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here