[News] Brits arrested in Thailand for (alleged) drug smuggling

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
These two naughty boys have caused me some internal distress this morning. One of them, at 38 years old, is only a year older than me but I assumed he was much older..... Am I in that denial period of my life where I think everyone my age looks old when actually I look just as old as them? Perhaps I'm too vein or am a Peter Pan but this is disturbing me greatly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-46309076

View attachment 102286

I take it you’ve never been to Pattaya ??!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unfortunately, I have. It was one night in 2006 when I was living in Bangkok and I still get shivers down my spine thinking of it.
As the song says -
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As a teenager a few people were round a mates house when the news came on and saw the brother of one my my friends in the room being arrested on TV in Thailand in exactly the same way as this. Which was a shock as was meant to be in prison at the time. Turned out he'd escaped from an open prison the week before and was desperate for money so agreed to smuggle some heroin back to the UK. Thing was there were numerous other mules on the flight so the gang that arranged it tipped off the police about my friend's brother so he'd get nicked. This was so the other mules would get through. He got something like 25 years in a Thai jail in one of those cells were 20 people share it and you have to pay for your own food etc.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Looks like someone has had a really hard life.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a teenager a few people were round a mates house when the news came on and saw the brother of one my my friends in the room being arrested on TV in Thailand in exactly the same way as this. Which was a shock as was meant to be in prison at the time. Turned out he'd escaped from an open prison the week before and was desperate for money so agreed to smuggle some heroin back to the UK. Thing was there were numerous other mules on the flight so the gang that arranged it tipped off the police about my friend's brother so he'd get nicked. This was so the other mules would get through. He got something like 25 years in a Thai jail in one of those cells were 20 people share it and you have to pay for your own food etc.

How many did he serve in the end, just out of interest?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How many did he serve in the end, just out of interest?

I lost touch with that friend years ago but last I heard his brother was still inside in Thailand. That must have been 5 years after his arrest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I rarely find myself agreeing with you but I’ll say it,

THIS!

Hmmmm. This is not completely true, when we met we seemed to have a fair bit of common ground.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here