Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] North Sentinel Island & An American Idiot

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sadly his actions have drawn attention to this tribe, who will now doubtless be plagued by other nobodies desperate for notoriety.

True. The last thing they need is for the Holmesdale Fanatics to pitch up.

:ffsparr:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Apparently Trump has tweeted "if the stupid man had gone with his long range sniper rifle he would not have been shot by an arrow #bulletsarebetterthanarrows "*

* probably

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He was aware of the danger, thought he knew the risk and figured that the price to pay would have involved an eternity of paradise.

Bringing it back to the real world, the fact that he decided to go there - knowing of the utter extinctions of the (literally) thousands of indigenous tribes worldwide after hearing the work of God - shows the dissonance between his 'good intentions' and what is actually empirically good for those he was trying to save. The fact that he was obviously a nice bloke trying to do nice things shows for me the danger of religion; that well meaning people can do extremely destructive things, firm in the belief they are making the world a better place (indeed, that it's their job to do so).

It's good that the Indian Govt have been quick to prosecute the locals who dropped him off, but it does feel like a losing battle.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Why are his/your beliefs right and this tribe's wrong? If you were born in this tribe, would you still believe what you believe?

Just leave people alone FFS, trying to push your beliefs on other people is just so bloody arrogant. I'm sure they've got their own fictional magic man in the sky, they don't need to use yours.

"I'm sure they've got their own fictional magic man in the sky, they don't need to use yours"....Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...! :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What’s wrong with saying no thanks, please leave our island...? Why is his killing somehow justified because of his Christian beliefs? Some ugly comments on here. Indigenous or not, didn’t have to kill the bloke did they?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
interesting Tribe.

Never heard of them before today.

Surely must still have some influences from mankind , can't be truly cut off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No idea mate. Humans are weird.

There's definitely scope for an excellent reality TV show using this island though. So many possibilities.

Imagine trying to play the most stressful game of Manhunt on that island.

This is also the best opportunity for a Jackass reunion ever.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you saying there's oil under the island?

Ah, good point.

I was thinking that as US trade wouldn't be affected, the TRUMPSTER could verbally bully the island in front of his placard holding redneck friends on Fox News.He could then launch an attack to avenge his fellow countryman. The US 5th fleet (with nuclear backup) should suffice,

Win/Win for the wigged wonder.:thumbsup:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
What’s wrong with saying no thanks, please leave our island...? Why is his killing somehow justified because of his Christian beliefs? Some ugly comments on here. Indigenous or not, didn’t have to kill the bloke did they?

I imagine that they consider outsiders as a threat to their health, their traditions, and their way of life, and they would be correct on each of these counts. They have reacted as our stone-age ancestors would have done because they are still living in the stone age. You can't judge them by our 21st century standards.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Clearly they thought they did. And if they truly want to be left alone, then they are going the right way about it. The killing is nothing to do with his Christian beliefs, it's about them protecting themselves. Why should they live by our laws?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
B
Clearly they thought they did. And if they truly want to be left alone, then they are going the right way about it. The killing is nothing to do with his Christian beliefs, it's about them protecting themselves. Why should they live by our laws?

Because killing someone is fundamentally against everyone’s. Please don’t argue the toss over this, disagreeing with this basic human principle puts you in a very small minority if not an asylum!!! Your choice...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
B

Because killing someone is fundamentally against everyone’s. Please don’t argue the toss over this, disagreeing with this basic human principle puts you in a very small minority if not an asylum!!! Your choice...

What if him making contact with them at all put them all at risk of dying?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I imagine that they consider outsiders as a threat to their health, their traditions, and their way of life, and they would be correct on each of these counts. They have reacted as our stone-age ancestors would have done because they are still living in the stone age. You can't judge them by our 21st century standards.

If you read the reports they’re not THAT cut off. It wouldn’t surprise me if an Elder has a Man U shirt. Btw, you’re doing more judging here than many on this thread. They’re not Stone Age because in the Stone Age they didn’t have bows and arrows let alone see helicopters to shoot at. Primitive they might be but they’re not some Jules Verne creation. And all this nonsense about diseases, again, you don’t drop dead within a second of seeing ONE white man from the ‘Old World’. For starters we don’t carry the same diseases as once did. Anyway, we disagree. You think it’s perfectly ok to kill or mock someone for being murdered for their religious beliefs. I don’t. Nor do most right minded-people.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

I understand there's a certain language barrier. I think they've demonstrated 'no thanks' multiple times. Yet a Christian thought he knew better. They do what they've always done and it's worked well for their existence. Let's hope this exposure doesn't jeopardize them further.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you read the reports they’re not THAT cut off. It wouldn’t surprise me if an Elder has a Man U shirt. Btw, you’re doing more judging here than many on this thread. They’re not Stone Age because in the Stone Age they didn’t have bows and arrows let alone see helicopters to shoot at. Primitive they might be but they’re not some Jules Verne creation. And all this nonsense about diseases, again, you don’t drop dead within a second of seeing ONE white man from the ‘Old World’. For starters we don’t carry the same diseases as once did. Anyway, we disagree. You think it’s perfectly ok to kill or mock someone for being murdered for their religious beliefs. I don’t. Nor do most right minded-people.

I reckon that if you visit an island where you know the locals will kill you visit, yet you still visit, then you can't be that aggrieved if you get killed.

He wasn't murdered for his religious beliefs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here