Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gross - ready to play?

Will Gross be back for Saturday’s game

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So after coming up for three months out will we see our German Maestro back on Saturday?

I got the impression he’d be ready after the International Break but having read the Argus today there seems to be a doubt that he’ll be back for Saturday

Whaddya think?

Don’t forget to vote Harry Wilson’s tackle:smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So after coming up for three months out will we see our German Maestro back ons Saturday?

I got the impression he’d be ready after the International Break but having read the Argus today there seems to be a doubt that he’ll be back for Saturday

Whaddya think?

All I know is whatever happens it will be confirmed by CJ that it's exactly to plan, irrespective of the original plan.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would think that even if he is fit, he wouldn't start. 3 months is a long time to be out and come straight back into the XI

Have you not seen the 1st XI without him?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Only 3 months out so far and expecting him to play? I expect a sub appearance in 8 weeks followed by a recurrence and 19 months out before leaving on a free

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
So after coming up for three months out will we see our German Maestro back on Saturday?

Whaddya think?

Don’t forget to vote Harry Wilson’s tackle:smile:

Chris Hughton will reveal all in about 10 minutes.

and not sure The Argus revealed anything we didn't all know tbh.
"Hughton is likely to stick with his tried and trusted 4-4-1-1 formation against Leicester, with Solly March continuing in the No.10 role if Pascal Gross is not ready to start after almost three months out with ankle trouble."

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have him straight back in even if he was hobbling around a bit still! :D

In hindsight 3 months ago I'd have wheeled him onto the pitch lying on one of the clubs Sam Baldock sponsored gurneys.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strangely yes, quite a bit in fact, but if he breaks down as is out for a long time rushing him back would seem a silly idea, no?

I don't think the Albion can ever be accused of 'rushing a player back'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given 3 options of being in the 1st XI, being on the bench and coming on after 70 minutes, or my favoured choice is start him and the if needed replace him on 70 mins with Bissouma or sooner if he blows up.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given 3 options of being in the 1st XI, being on the bench and coming on after 70 minutes, or my favoured choice is start him and the if needed replace him on 70 mins with Bissouma or sooner if he blows up.

More likely March will start, and Gross will get 20 mins perhaps ? Usual BHA super-cautious approach to returning players.......

Bigger question is does Propper start in midfield ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
More likely March will start, and Gross will get 20 mins perhaps ? Usual BHA super-cautious approach to returning players.......

Bigger question is does Propper start in midfield ?

I accept that CH will probably go along that route but I would sooner him start and we get a hold on the game and if he struggles take him off but I do understand the reasons to do it the other way around and him start on the bench.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012

Obviously not from you SB but from other NSC stalwarts then there's pages of posts on here debating an fretting about the "rushed" returns of both Lewis Dunk [ankle] in early Sept and
Glenn Murray [concussion] a few weeks back.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Obviously not from you SB but from other NSC stalwarts then there's pages of posts on here debating an fretting about the "rushed" returns of both Lewis Dunk [ankle] in early Sept and
Glenn Murray [concussion] a few weeks back.

Interesting points, GM was more a question of protocol than recovering from an injury so to speak because he was probably fine the next day. Dunk probably went on to make 2 mistakes in the Fulham game that may or may not have been injury related.

As an aside, does anyone recall the last Albion player to be bought back from injury only to break down during a game? I can't remember one...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting points, GM was more a question of protocol than recovering from an injury so to speak because he was probably fine the next day. Dunk probably went on to make 2 mistakes in the Fulham game that may or may not have been injury related.

As an aside, does anyone recall the last Albion player to be bought back from injury only to break down during a game? I can't remember one...

Izzy Brown?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm pretty sure that happened to Sam Baldock.

That'll keep CJ quiet for the rest of the day, before he's able to prove me wrong. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Trick question - Gross will be ready to play and he'll be starting on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here