Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gross - ready to play?

Will Gross be back for Saturday’s game

• Total voters

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
We Albion fans are a strange breed, after Gross's penalty miss at the Amex against Fulham in September cost us victory, many of us were clamouring for him to be dropped. Here we are not too may weeks later, excited about his likely return to the side.

What annoyed me was that he was allowed to take the penalty with an injured ankle which was bad enough to force him off a bit later on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He will start. The only way getting him sharper is to play

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’d be amazed if he started given our Chris’s overly cautious approach. However, if he is fit, I’d definitely play him from the off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’d be amazed if he started given our Chris’s overly cautious approach. However, if he is fit, I’d definitely play him from the off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, bearing in mind who would play in his position if Gross doesn't start, i.e. one Solly March, I would definately start him too! Nothing against Solly, but a mumber ten he most certainly isn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, bearing in mind who would play in his position if Gross doesn't start, i.e. one Solly March, I would definately start him too! Nothing against Solly, but a mumber ten he most certainly isn't.
In fairness to the boy March, I doubt he's ever thought he was either.

As Dalglish said to LeSaux when signing him for Blackburn:-

'If I play you out of position and you play badly, that's on me, not you'.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
What annoyed me was that he was allowed to take the penalty with an injured ankle which was bad enough to force him off a bit later on.

TRue, but Gross could also have taken responsibility by telling the captain he wasn't in good enough shape to take it

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’d like Gross to start, but suspect he’ll come off the bench at some point
Am I right in thinking that both Kayal(5 yellow cards) and Stephens are suspended? If so who will be our central midfield pairing - Propper and Bissouma? That doesn’t overly fill me with confidence

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The one thing the last 2+ months has shown is we have no able replacement for Gross. So if he's fit he walks back into this team.
If CH is going to continue with this formation and tactics then a proper understudy for Gross is a must in January.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The one thing the last 2+ months has shown is we have no able replacement for Gross. So if he's fit he walks back into this team.
If CH is going to continue with this formation and tactics then a proper understudy for Gross is a must in January.

Would have been great to have been able to have had a proper look at Propper in that role, with Kayal and Stephens behind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would have been great to have been able to have had a proper look at Propper in that role, with Kayal and Stephens behind.

TBH I don't think CH would have split Propper & Stephens I'm fairly sure he'd have swapped Kayal for Gross.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No, if we're to progress the need in January is to find someone for that role who is better than Gross.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’d like Gross to start, but suspect he’ll come off the bench at some point
Am I right in thinking that both Kayal(5 yellow cards) and Stephens are suspended? If so who will be our central midfield pairing - Propper and Bissouma? That doesn’t overly fill me with confidence

You would only be right if Kayal had 5 yellow cards, but he only has four.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here