Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/11

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
******* international breaks be gone. Proper football starts again this weekend as we start a period of nine league games in 40 days.

West Ham are the only side who can jump ahead of us, whilst Wolves are the only side we can likely move ahead of, although a four goal victory on Saturday would see us leapfrog the Foxes. Anyone see that happening?

The fixtures suggest that even should we lose, we'll remain six points clear of the dropzone.

Saturday 24/11
Brighton & Hove Albion v Leicester City
Everton v Cardiff City
Fulham v Southampton
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
Watford v Liverpool
West Ham United v Manchester City
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (17:30)

Sunday 25/11
AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal (13:30)
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town (16:00)

Monday 26/11
Burnley v Newcastle United (20:00)

Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 10.02.00.png

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As mentioned previously, I believe that our safety will be determined over the next few games.

Whilst we rode our luck but got 6 vital points v Wolves and Newcastle, our luck turned v Cardiff.

Games against Burnley, 'Udders, West Ham and Palace look crucial to me.

A point on Saturday would be nice.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If we continue to not play well (let's face it, we've lucked those last few wins) then we'll drop points and be in a relegation battle before Xmas. We need key players to start turning up to the Party (Izquierdo, Knockeart/Jahanbaksh in particular). Defensively we're solid but we need to start creating more chances.

I know that should change once Gross is back but it's been a concern just how key he is to our attacking play, especially as we don't have another adequate no 10 when he isn't available.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Virtually zero chance of climbing up the table this weekend. Just concentrating on our game this time, I think, without looking at permutations for once. We win, it'll be a good weekend.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fulham game is a big one. Expecting to see a home win and perhaps the end of Hughes if Stains are savaged.

Nil points for Hudders and Cardiff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As mentioned previously, I believe that our safety will be determined over the next few games.

Whilst we rode our luck but got 6 vital points v Wolves and Newcastle, our luck turned v Cardiff.

Games against Burnley, 'Udders, West Ham and Palace look crucial to me.

A point on Saturday would be nice.

I really don't see where the luck was against Wolves. Ryan, Duffy and Dunk were PHENOMENAL and we completely deserved the 3 points. Newcastle maybe a little luckier but they were just toothless going forward.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wolves will beat Huddersfield, we won't overtake Leicester on GD, and City will beat West Ham.

Pretty much nailed on we will still be 12th come Monday night.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I really don't see where the luck was against Wolves. Ryan, Duffy and Dunk were PHENOMENAL and we completely deserved the 3 points. Newcastle maybe a little luckier but they were just toothless going forward.

A certain penalty, and they couldn't finish. Any decent strikers would have had us beaten by 4. As for Doherty's miss...well. The point you made about Dunk, Duffy and Ryan having corkers to keep us in it at home says it all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A certain penalty, and they couldn't finish. Any decent strikers would have had us beaten by 4. As for Doherty's miss...well. The point you made about Dunk, Duffy and Ryan having corkers to keep us in it at home says it all.

But they DID have corkers. You seem to count excellent defending as luck, bizarrely. We deserved to win that match.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really don't see where the luck was against Wolves. Ryan, Duffy and Dunk were PHENOMENAL and we completely deserved the 3 points.
They really should have scored in the first half when their midfielder waltzed into our box and very precisely stroked the ball about 3 inches the wrong side of the post. That was probably the easiest chance of the game and he'd have tucked it away 9 in 10 times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wolves will beat Huddersfield, we won't overtake Leicester on GD, and City will beat West Ham.

Pretty much nailed on we will still be 12th come Monday night.

Nailed on 12th and comfortably midtable with a win.
Nailed on 12th and just above the bottom feeders with a loss.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Glenn Murray had been playing against us recently (quickly transferring from club to club), I suspect we wouldn't have anywhere near as many points as we do now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love football, all about opinions. My point is that we rode our luck and any side with half a striker would have beaten us.

Fair enough - my opinion would still contest that they didn't have half a striker, therefore we did deserve the win - if they'd had Jermain Defoe and he'd hit the post, bar and everything inbetween and still not scored, I'd have agreed we were lucky.

OK one thing that was a bit lucky - their best chances fell to their full back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well overdue a decent performance. Reckon need 3 points from this

Hope to see Andone for a decent amount of time.

Don't want to see Locadia at all

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He's a berk of course, but Merson made me chuckle on his predictions piece this week on the ****ish game in Manchester: Wilfried Zaha has gone off the boil a little bit, he is ... not running with the ball so much, instead trying to hold the ball up and win fouls. I bet calpol sales have gone up in south London on the back of that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on town...great goal from mooy!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just been listening to the buildup on five live to the 4pm kickoff. Wolves bigged up massively don't recall a mention of their opponents Huddersfield.

Currently

Wolves 0-1 Huddersfield

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If. And it is a bit IF, town win this they go up to 14th!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here