Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Happy birthday White Album

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Great album, ny second-favourite Beatles album after 'Abbey Road'. 'Dear Prudence', 'Revolution 9', 'Blackbird' and 'Good Night' particular favourites.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
But seriously
Back In The USSR
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Dear Prudence
While My Guitar Gently Weeps(probably my fave Beatle track ever......well one of them)
Why Don't We Do It In The Road
Helter Skelter ( another fave Beatle track of all time )
Revolution
Cry Baby Cry
Yer Blues
Sexy Sadie
Everybodys Got Something To Hide Except for me and My Monkey

Just highlights of a stonker of an album, which hopefully, the super deluxe version will be finding it's way to me on the 25th of December.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Had a quick listen out of interest. They've not ###### about with it - but it has a much wider sound and doesn't feel 50 years old.

Remarkable.

Don't think they will be doing another soon because the team who did it are in big demand.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The new release has a CD of the “Esher Demos” - acoustic versions of every track, bar Rev no 9, recorded at George Harrison’s home in Esher, prior to going in the studio. Amazing quality and shows how together they were at this point in time, contrary to popular belief. Absolutely brilliant. It also shows the genius of George Martin producing these demos into the finished articles.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
TWA has grown on me over the years, but I still don’t feel that anything comes close to the jam session on Abbey Rd side B as being their best work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here