Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neto Borges

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Depends how you define "a few"; his last extension was signed back in early April.

Not that many .... it was a dream then.

Goodness me, I really must try and do something on the naughtier ends of the internet before bed, just to improve the quality of my dreams. I didn't realise I was quite that sad.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Bong - Dunk - Duffy - Bruno always reminds of the type of names you see the lads wearing on the back of Stag Do T- Shirts in Prague or the like.

Neto or even Borges fits in with the Stag do back 4. I approve of this potential signing having never even heard of him until 10 minutes ago.

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 11.01.49.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bong and Bruno out of contract at the end of the season.

Suttner and Schelotto miles from selection.

It seems we need both a younger left back and a younger right back. Maybe this is the first of them.

[Cough] ........... Bernardo .................. [cough] ............ Montoya ..............

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bong and Bruno out of contract at the end of the season.

Suttner and Schelotto miles from selection.

It seems we need both a younger left back and a younger right back. Maybe this is the first of them.

[Cough] ........... Bernardo .................. [cough] ............ Montoya ..............

We need more than 1 rightback and leftback.

..... yes, and when our second right and left backs are not wanted for the first team/bench warming they can carry on playing for the U23s.

Plus we may well still have Bong and Bruno.........................

:shrug:

Perhaps we agree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think part of "for whatever reason" might be Gross and Propper missing most of the season so far.

Perhaps Gross, but Propper other than Utd at home had been distinctly average prior to his injury (based on his high standards last year).

Stephens has also been a little off-form but to a lesser extent.

Bissouma is work progress.

Kayal although at times a revelation also tends to chase the ball too much and consequently we lose our shape.

So, I do feel we need to improve at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps Gross, but Propper other than Utd at home had been distinctly average prior to his injury (based on his high standards last year).

Stephens has also been a little off-form but to a lesser extent.

Bissouma is work progress.

Kayal although at times a revelation also tends to chase the ball too much and consequently we lose our shape.

So, I do feel we need to improve at this level.
Absolutely. The lack of goal threat and domination from mid-field is probably more important - and always has been more important since we joined the PL - than adding wingers and strikers. As has been pointed out many times on here, the attackers can only score when they get the service and support.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
................... that we don't need to go out and buy any more fullbacks ...................
I meant more that any fullbacks we bring in need to be younger than Montoya and Bernardo.

I'm not a fan of having less than 8 defenders in the 25 man squad - which would likely mean 4 fullbacks or similar.

That may be Bruno, Bong, Montoya and Bernardo, but equally the first 2 of those may well be off.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I meant more that any fullbacks we bring in need to be younger than Montoya and Bernardo.

I'm not a fan of having less than 8 defenders in the 25 man squad - which would likely mean 4 fullbacks or similar.

That may be Bruno, Bong, Montoya and Bernardo, but equally the first 2 of those may well be off.

Younger than Bernardo? He's 23!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If there's any truth that we're serious about a new left back, what does this say about the rather expensive one we bought in the summer?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If there's any truth that we're serious about a new left back, what does this say about the rather expensive one we bought in the summer?

it says the same about our other rather expensive signings , if you don't play them we don't know enough to make a judgement

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd say it means either he's off or the out of contract Bong is leaving in the summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
/\

Would have been a completely different story if this thread was code compliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here