M25 J10 - J23
M6 J4 - J5
M6 J5 - J8
M6 J8 - J10a
M6 J10a -J13
M42 J7 - J9
For those who travel up m down motorway be careful n more importantly be safe
*M1 : Speeding Cameras*

Just to let you know that on Monday morning, they are switching the speeding cameras on 24/7 and if you go above 70mph when going by on M1 you will definitely get a speeding ticket, that’s the full stretch of the M1 all day every day and even when the signs of speed limits are not on.
Good luck all!

But yeah yeah I know stick to limit yawn.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not a speeder myself so not really bothered but where has this come from as there have been similar "announcements " several times over the last couple of years.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Smart motorways cameras locations -
M1 J6 - J10
M1 J10 - J13
M1 J25 - J28
M1 J28 - J31
M1 J39 - J42
M25 J7 - J10
M25 J10 - J16
M25 J10 - J23
M6 J4 - J5
M6 J5 - J8
M6 J8 - J10a
M6 J10a -J13
M42 J7 - J9
For those who travel up m down motorway be careful n more importantly be safe
*M1 : Speeding Cameras*

Just to let you know that on Monday morning, they are switching the speeding cameras on 24/7 and if you go above 70mph when going by on M1 you will definitely get a speeding ticket, that’s the full stretch of the M1 all day every day and even when the signs of speed limits are not on.
Good luck all!

But yeah yeah I know stick to limit yawn.

That’s where I got caught beginning of the year.
58 in a 50 zone 9pm at night , hardly any traffic got told at the course speed limit in place to allow pollution to settle.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
58 in a 50 zone 9pm at night , hardly any traffic got told at the course speed limit in place to allow pollution to settle.

6am on the M3/M25 slip similar speed, just silly...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And it's when the authorities make idiot statements like that people roll their eyes and their advice becomes defunct. Using that theory every motorway speed limit should be dropped at night to 50mph "to allow pollution to settle" :facepalm:

I don't condone speeding but our speed limits are too low and we have an obsession with raising funds via cameras. Should at least be the same as French motorways.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A service engineer who had a call out to my place said he got done on the M25 doing 51 mph when there was a temporary 50 mph warning on the gantry.

The letter arrived too late for him to accept the speed awareness course so he gad to take the points. Beware!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So is that 70 or 77? Averaged 80 back from Cardiff and still seemed to be the slowest on the motorway.

Got a ticket on the M4 near Newport on the way to Cardiff, 59 in a variable 50 zone, my fail, no arguments, failed to slow down swiftly enough when they came on. Not had details of whether I’ll get fines or an awareness course.

Got exactly the same on the way back from Burnley last season on the M25. Wasn’t offered a speed awareness course so had to take the fine.

Weird thing is, I’m renowned for driving slowly, I drive many thousands of miles every year for my job, and have done for 30 years, not had a speeding ticket since the 90s which was on the Firle Straight.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Got a ticket on the M4 near Newport on the way to Cardiff, 59 in a variable 50 zone, my fail, no arguments, failed to slow down swiftly enough when they came on. Not had details of whether I’ll get fines or an awareness course.

The Welsh police are notorious for speed control. A friend of mine is an A&E nurse in Cardiff and she got to go out on patrol with Cardiff motorway police once - she was amazed at how much enjoyment they took in catching even those slightly over the limit. In fact my only speeding ticket in 30 years of driving came from the lovely Welsh police - empty M4 and doing 81 in the dry and perfect visability. Hands up I was speeding but I really do think there should be a re-think on motorway speed limits.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Got exactly the same on the way back from Burnley last season on the M25. Wasn’t offered a speed awareness course so had to take the fine.

Weird thing is, I’m renowned for driving slowly, I drive many thousands of miles every year for my job, and have done for 30 years, not had a speeding ticket since the 90s which was on the Firle Straight.

Slightly off track, but now when going into London on A40, there are now average speed cameras, which are catching quite a lot of people who are unaware of their installation.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sounds like more Facebook bollocks. This was supposed to be happening a few months ago (according to people sharing it in Facebook) but it proved to be bullshit.

As Trump would say Fake News!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A service engineer who had a call out to my place said he got done on the M25 doing 51 mph when there was a temporary 50 mph warning on the gantry.

The letter arrived too late for him to accept the speed awareness course so he gad to take the points. Beware!

Sounds a bit dodgy! Letter arrived too late or he didn't deal with it quick enough!

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Sounds like more Facebook bollocks. This was supposed to be happening a few months ago (according to people sharing it in Facebook) but it proved to be bullshit.

As Trump would say Fake News!

The turn on date may be bollocks but I think the actual point it is happening is correct - https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/953560/smart-motorway-fine-camera-UK-speed-limit

And yes I know it's The Express but a quick search showed up dozens of hits including the Sun and numerous local rags. Personally I'd be careful ( although maybe that's the point ! ).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Got exactly the same on the way back from Burnley last season on the M25. Wasn’t offered a speed awareness course so had to take the fine..

I'm not particularly a "slow driver" but in the 50 zones, I don't take any chances at all. Straight down to 50 with cruise control activated to stop my speed creeping up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm not particularly a "slow driver" but in the 50 zones, I don't take any chances at all. Straight down to 50 with cruise control activated to stop my speed creeping up.

I never understand the twats that slow right down and creep past the cameras and then race away until the next camera and then creep past again.

Is it really that difficult to understand " average speed limit"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I never understand the twats that slow right down and creep past the cameras and then race away until the next camera and then creep past again.

Is it really that difficult to understand " average speed limit"?

If it is an average speed limit, then they'll have a speeding ticket en route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here