OUT :

Barclay ( loan )
Locadia
Suttner and / or Schelotto

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunately I fear we'll sell Locadia, if we do I hope we also sign an out and out striker who can hold the ball up like Murray (*and knows where the goal is like Murray)

The January transfer window is known to be notoriously difficult when it comes to signing players of any real quality. Pedigree strikers with a proven goalscoring record are difficult enough to find anyway, and in mid season clubs are unwilling to sell to rival teams, and prices are sky high.

Jurgen Locadia is under contract, and unhappy or not, l can see the club keeping him until at least next summer, if only to cover for Murray.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Out’s

My guess is that will have a few outgoing senior players this January. Schellotto, Suttner, possibly Locadia. There’s an outside chance that one of the summer signings who hasn’t played much will look to force a January move.

I also think Burn will come in at the start of Jan, then go straight back out on loan, maybe somewhere else at the end of Jan

I’d be surprised if we don’t have to fend off some bids for our more valuable players.

U23-wise, although lots of focus has been on Connolly’s potential loan, my guess is he’ll stay, maybe a couple of the other less high profile dev squad will go out.

In’s

Not totally impossible, Hughton will look to bring in a goalie with top level experience for the rest of the season. Depends how Steele and Button have performed in training.

Hughton will look to replace any who have left our 25 with like for likes who he thinks can complete for a place

2 or 3 for the u23’s and plenty more for the other younger age groups

Overall

I think we won’t see dramatic changes but we’ll be slightly stronger than we are now after the end of Jan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will recall Walton on 1st Jan and then send him back to Wigan on 31st . Hopefully bring in a loan midfielder like Drinkwater although Fulham are said to be interested in him and I am afraid that with CH record of buying strikers , which hasnt been very successful, we will not bring anybody in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd expect very little as TB has made clear on a numbr of occassions he doesn't like doing business in the January window.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Surprised to read that our summer signings have made 31 appearances so far. It doesn't seem that they've been involved anything like that much - still, I suppose all those late substitute appearances mount up.

And what would our bench have looked like without them and/or if we'd had any further injuries/suspensions ?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think that we will recall Walton on 1st Jan and then send him back to Wigan on 31st . Hopefully bring in a loan midfielder like Drinkwater although Fulham are said to be interested in him and I am afraid that with CH record of buying strikers , which hasnt been very successful, we will not bring anybody in.

Totally agree. Murray's been awful getting us promoted and then keeping us up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And what would our bench have looked like without them and/or if we'd had any further injuries/suspensions ?

All ifs and buts. Are we buying players to make our bench stronger or the team? My preference is the team. Nobody could have expected GM to carry on so long, so we should have bought a striker who would go straight into the side in whatever role CH decided to play and not spend £16m ish for somebody and then not use them in the role that they were accustomed to and was bought because of his displays in that role.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All ifs and buts. Are we buying players to make our bench stronger or the team? My preference is the team. Nobody could have expected GM to carry on so long so we should have bought a striker who would go straight into the side in whatever role CH decided to play not spend £16m ish for somebody and then not use them in the role that they were accustomed to and bought because of his displays in that role.

English please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He was such an obvious player to sign when in dispute with Bournemouth even if he only played that year and as in the previous post NOBODY except perhaps GM himself expected him to be so good in The Premier. for so long at his age. So the credit for that goes to GM.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Nobody could have expected GM to carry on so long so we should have bought a striker who would go straight into the side in whatever role CH decided to play not spend £16m ish for somebody and then not use them in the role that they were accustomed to and bought because of his displays in that role.

Actually this thread / quote wasn't actually about Locadia !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Actually this thread / quote wasn't actually about Locadia !!

No it isnt but people are asking what player should we sign and it was mentioned by some that Locadia will go out on loan. Hence my reference to him.that I dont think that he will go out on loan and was one of CH striker buys that havent as yet succeeded. I still think that he will be a success for us when we play to his strengths, which is why we bought him. Either an injury to GM or age will perhaps force CH hands but I cannot see him buying another striker, especially during January.

D

Deleted member 2719

But did Hughton really want Murray or did Murray really want Brighton, I am sure his agent was poking him back in front of Chris and Tony's noses, wouldn't surprise me if that was a Tony buy.

Let's face it BG is right Hughton has not been very successful on strikers.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
But did Hughton really want Murray or did Murray really want Brighton, I am sure his agent was poking him back in front of Chris and Tony's noses, wouldn't surprise me if that was a Tony buy.

Let's face it BG is right Hughton has not been very successful on strikers.

He's been perfectly successful. The issue isn't that he's been unsuccessful, it's that one of his signings has been so successful that the other signings have struggled for game time and opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here