Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see former Albion target Vincent Janssen is fit again and likely to play in Spurs next Under 23 match. Probably not for us now we have Andone but worth a punt for someone.

Whilst I really don’t like holding a grudge, this character turned us down once a fee had been agreed with his club and agent. He spurned the chance of regular Premier League football for expulsion to Turkey that led to loss of form and injury. Very very bad judgement on his part.

Spuds paid £22m+ and Tony had a similar sized pile to exchange for his services but he spurned us.

**** him and his career.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whilst I really don’t like holding a grudge, this character turned us down once a fee had been agreed with his club and agent. He spurned the chance of regular Premier League football for expulsion to Turkey that led to loss of form and injury. Very very bad judgement on his part.

Spuds paid £22m+ and Tony had a similar sized pile to exchange for his services but he spurned us.

**** him and his career.

This. Also reckon we dodged a bullet there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Joniesta Jonny Williams gone to.... Charlton

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

**** him and his career.

While I agree with you to some extent, it's worth putting yourself in the position of the player. We had made a very late 11th hour bid for the player while he was in the middle of playing an international match. The player literally had minutes to decide having landed back in the UK, and probably knew nothing about our club. We were very new to the Premier league at that time, and he probably thought he'd spend the season fighting a relegation scrap, followed by languishing in the Championship for years to come.

As such, I can somewhat understand his decision, and I certainly don't classify him in the same catagory of 'screwing us over' that someone like Pritchard would fit into.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
While I agree with you to some extent, it's worth putting yourself in the position of the player. We had made a very late 11th hour bid for the player while he was in the middle of playing an international match. The player literally had minutes to decide having landed back in the UK, and probably knew nothing about our club. We were very new to the Premier league at that time, and he probably thought he'd spend the season fighting a relegation scrap, followed by languishing in the Championship for years to come.

As such, I can somewhat understand his decision, and I certainly don't classify him in the same catagory of 'screwing us over' that someone like Pritchard would fit into.

Agreed. It was a desperate move when it looked like we would be very light on striking options, so Paul Barber probably used his Spurs ties to try and sort something.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Jonny Williams has signed for Charlton, clearly taking the long route round to that big money move to Real Madrid or Barcelona that the Palace fans told us he was destined for.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I see Nathaniel Clyne has joined Bournemouth on loan for the rest if the season.

I assume he's available for tomorrow.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dan Sturridge could be on his way to West H'aaaaaaaaaaaaaa'm on loan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dan Sturridge could be on his way to West H'aaaaaaaaaaaaaa'm on loan.

Carroll, Wilshere AND Sturridge? At this rate they'll have to build a new hospital wing at the training ground.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle rumoured to be in for Mario Balotelli.

Come on Chris - You know it makes sense.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Newcastle rumoured to be in for Mario Balotelli.

Come on Chris - You know it makes sense.
"....an allergy to grass but when he plays he's ****ing class. He drives around Moss Side with a wallet full of cash...."

Please sign him Rafa! #whyalwaysme

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only one player who has moved I would have considered is Nathaniel Clyne after our next home game.as I feel that him and Mon toya would have offered great competition to each other with Bruno nearing the end.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The only one player who has moved I would have considered is Nathaniel Clyne after our next home game.as I feel that him and Mon toya would have offered great competition to each other with Bruno nearing the end.

Nice thought but probably earning double out highest wage earner. And we could do without that as a potential back up right back...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here