Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Talk of Gross moving on seems to be gathering some traction with Southampton now showing some intrest it could become a bidding war, although we all appear to agree he is not the quickest and his goal to game ratio could be better he is undoubtedly a fine team playmaker and would be missed maybe we have a replacement already within our ranks

I've been disappointed with him since he returned from injury. If we were only going to sign one player for me it's a number 10.

Always liked Powell and think he'll leave Wigan next month as contract expires in summer I believe. Pity he's injured though

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The moment you get the U-23s out on loan they're in the shop window and begin to accumulate value. We want to get ideally both of Gyokeres and Connolly out of loan to get 1st XI experience. Bloody Rangers need strikers and they owe us a favour, maybe we could reach a loan deal with Stevie G?

Alfredo Morelos not good enough for them - 1 goal per 1.5 games? Plus they've got a right back who scores more than 1 in 3.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
12 years and 12,000 posts and you still don't understand Crodo.

TBH there are so many posters on here that unless I speak to them I probably don't take enough notice of their username, nor do I remember many of his posts, except for such and such team's famous supporter. So sorry, I have't a clue what he means, unless, I imagine from your response that he is winding up Ben's Granddad or something?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree, despite the cushion we have today it would be a more uncomfortable ride than any of us would like. Some of the lagging teams are finding their feet and we are dropping points for fixtures where we would have pencilled in a point.

I don't disagree, but those of you out there who are thinking we will be spending serious money, you are going to be very disappointed.

Hopefully we will hang on to the assets we already have, with perhaps the exceptions of Suttner and Schelotto who may go out on loan, but that's about it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's his injury record like? If he's not currently frequenting his team's medical facility on a daily basis then I doubt we're considering him.
He did play today and assist the second goal.
On the plus side he has been sent off this season.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
TBH there are so many posters on here that unless I speak to them I probably don't take enough notice of their username, nor do I remember many of his posts, except for such and such team's famous supporter. So sorry, I have't a clue what he means, unless, I imagine from your response that he is winding up Ben's Granddad or something?

He's the best fisherman around.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alfredo Morelos not good enough for them - 1 goal per 1.5 games? Plus they've got a right back who scores more than 1 in 3.

They have ONE striker. And if he gets injured then you're relying on 1 in 5 Kyle Lafferty. With Celtic below par this season Gerrard should ramp up the pressure by making a few signings to bolster his squad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They have ONE striker. And if he gets injured then you're relying on 1 in 5 Kyle Lafferty. With Celtic below par this season Gerrard should ramp up the pressure by making a few signings to bolster his squad.

Connolly on loan would smash that Monkey Tennis League with Connor to mentor him.

He’d almost certainly come back with a medal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, they have ONE striker, a very good one, certainly by SPL standards. If Connolly goes out on loan, we'd want him to be playing all the time, not sitting on the bench in case Morelos gets injured or suspended.
On thhe other hand, Rangers have lost Jamie Murphy for the season, so maybe an opportunity for Gyokeres?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fulham & Newcastle after rumoured to be after back up Gross.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm happy with what we have. If an excellent player becomes available at the right price, fine, but otherwise I'd like to see the players we have continue to get game time and develop.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm happy with what we have. If an excellent player becomes available at the right price, fine, but otherwise I'd like to see the players we have continue to get game time and develop.

Fortunately a few of suspensions has forced. Hughton hand in to giving some players game time.
We need more suspensions!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here