• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

D

Deleted member 2719

Thing is mate I love Knocky but a lot of people have been calling for Jurgen to be given a chance, he has and now scored 2 goals in two games.......its up to knocky to fight his way into the team......Locadia has waited and reaped results.....now for Knocky to step up to the plate.

I have never said jurgen doesn't deserve a chance, I am saying there is more to this than a tactical decision not having Knocky in the squad.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This thread seems to have gone a bit quiet, im guessing because most people like me are thinking that we're actually fine this season with the squad we have & so there wont be much business done in January. I'd be pretty happy if we ended the transfer window as we start it, and havent lost any key players. Or should we avoid being complacent & look to further improve.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thing is mate I love Knocky but a lot of people have been calling for Jurgen to be given a chance, he has and now scored 2 goals in two games.......its up to knocky to fight his way into the team......Locadia has waited and reaped results.....now for Knocky to step up to the plate.

I fear he might start to find it harder soon to fight his way back into the starting line up, once Izquierdo if it again, and Jahanbakssh returns from the Asia Cup, then as you say, there is the small matter of trying to displace Locadia too.

Could be tricky, very very tricky.. Lets all hope he wants to fight his way back into the side, and not give up and sulk.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Strange, because when he had a run in the side he was looking at his best ever and then he appears to have been cut down again.

It appears to have been a regular thing that Hughton likes to drop him at a drop of a hat and I believe unfairly at times.

Its an attack minded man against a defensive man, the problem for Knocky is the defensive man holds the cards.

I think Knocky is better defensively. Towards the end of both the Arsenal and Everton games, Locadia was not offering the cover that March was offering on the other side, to the extent where at Everton match, March ran across from other wing shouting and gesticulating to Locadia, and Locadia was subbed for Knocky to finish of the Arsenal game.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think Knocky is better defensively. Towards the end of both the Arsenal and Everton games, Locadia was not offering the cover that March was offering on the other side, to the extent where at Everton match, March ran across from other wing shouting and gesticulating to Locadia, and Locadia was subbed for Knocky to finish of the Arsenal game.

I agree, just think it's more of personal reasons like Hughton finds he has to keep punishing him, his latest thing, saw him out of the squad, I really think he will let him go.

But I think on his day he is unplayable and he has had some excellent games for us this season.

Locadia has the more physical presence, and I still think he is a handy weapon, I just wish Chris would not keep knocking Knocky!!

We know he is fragile.

Love a bit of gesticulating.

Well done March for that!!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I agree, just think it's more of personal reasons like Hughton finds he has to keep punishing him, his latest thing, saw him out of the squad, I really think he will let him go.

But I think on his day he is unplayable and he has had some excellent games for us this season.

Locadia has the more physical presence, and I still think he is a handy weapon, I just wish Chris would not keep knocking Knocky!!

We know he is fragile.

Love a bit of gesticulating.

Well done March for that!!

Don't think it is possible for him, but Knocky needs to be less emotional, but maintain his obvious zeal. His defensive mindset, instilled by Chris, is a great asset when defending a lead, yet his attacking flair when we are chasing a result is also massive. The only thing hampering his selection is the emotion - although Chris is hardly setting a good example with his touchline antics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We will not buy or loan appart from the obvious two.....Sutner & The Greyhound.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a great position to be in to not need to bring anyone in.

With the caveat that it's not so great to stand still if everyone else improves their squads.

However, maybe bringing in Dan Burn for Barclay in the squad, and more involvement for Connolly and Gyokeres is sufficient improvement ?

It seems we may only bring in someone else if he is a player on our future purchase list who suddenly becomes available.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The only player for the first team I see us making a move for is Powell at Wigan .... we wanted him last window and although he has had a few injuries so far this season he is out of contract in June.

May not be a 'join now' signing but we could do a pre contract for next season on this one as we do tend to keep after our targets for more than one window ... unless Wigan want to cash in and get something now .. .depends on who else is after him

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The only player for the first team I see us making a move for is Powell at Wigan .... we wanted him last window and although he has had a few injuries so far this season he is out of contract in June.

May not be a 'join now' signing but we could do a pre contract for next season on this one as we do tend to keep after our targets for more than one window ... unless Wigan want to cash in and get something now .. .depends on who else is after him

Interesting thought.

He is currently injured though.

We could, of course, loan him back to Wigan; this type of deal worked with an injured Burn.

He has to leave that club by the summer or else his career will stagnate as he is a top Championship player at the very worst and a future England star at the very best. Wigan will have to cash in this window and we need to be first in line with our sickeningly fat Premier League cheque book (so **** off Leeds).
https://youtu.be/uQ7Z0xfmUlE

We don’t really need him now but being an attacker and home grown, he’d be much more useful in the squad than either Suttner or Schelotto. Buy him and send back to Wigan I say.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting thought.

He is currently injured though.

We could, of course, loan him back to Wigan; this type of deal worked with an injured Burn.

He has to leave that club by the summer or else his career will stagnate as he is a top Championship player at the very worst and a future England star at the very best. Wigan will have to cash in this window and we need to be first in line with our sickeningly fat Premier League cheque book (so **** off Leeds).
https://youtu.be/uQ7Z0xfmUlE

We don’t really need him now but being an attacker and home grown, he’d be much more useful in the squad than either Suttner or Schelotto. Buy him and send back to Wigan I say.

Currently injured, you say.

This might have legs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here