Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

If I were Connolly I would be asking to play for our first team, but it would mean changing style if he played to 442 . On the bench and coming on for last 20 mins will give him real experience of the PL.

If only.

:tantrum:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If I were Connolly I would be asking to play for our first team, but it would mean changing style if he played to 442 . On the bench and coming on for last 20 mins will give him real experience of the PL.

Nonsense, he needs to go out on loan for a season before he is let anywhere the first team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've found the new Glenn Murray.

Ok sure you have to over look the fact that he's Dutch...

...plays for the Eredivisie's bottom team....

...Has only scored 3 goals all season...

...has 25 followers on Twitter...

...Is only valued at £405,000 on Transfermarkt...

...and I'm unable to locate a WaG (or HaB) imagine

But other than that I give you

6ft 4

Fabian Serrarens

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just over a week.

Will we be spending???
Don't forget whatever signings made in January are likely to make their first team debuts around the end of April or early May, if the summer signings are anything to go by
I'm disregarding any transfer rumours that involve players who have kicked a ball in December.

#NotTheAlbionWay.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
We would hope the transfer plan is well underway. With team fit being so important it has to be, last minute shop window decisions are not the club's way.

The constant phrase that Chris uses after most games now is about putting away our chances. The simplistic tonic to that ailment you'd think is a ruthless and prolific striker...an often expensive and rare beast in the PL.

So if that, and it is an 'if', that is the conclusion by Chris...then the preparation for landing such a striker would have to have started a few months ago.

Murray, who has rightfully earned legend status, was not the sustainable option. Locadia was probably seen as the bet with hope Andone would come through his injury and prove to be a real asset.

The season could never hinge on just Murray, Andone looks promising...certainly industrious, whilst Locadia must now be a question of how do you get a return on that £14m. My hope is there was a contingency plan set out last summer to either cover the event Andone didn't recover or that Murray couldn't carry the torch.

It would be a welcome Christmas gift if that plan was in place and Tony agrees bridging the gap with more spend until the financial return on Locadia has played through as a potential asset out on loan or other. However...he doesn't have to do this...the odds are we will stay up, so why spend net new money at all until the summer?

D

Deleted member 2719

We would hope the transfer plan is well underway. With team fit being so important it has to be, last minute shop window decisions are not the club's way.

The constant phrase that Chris uses after most games now is about putting away our chances. The simplistic tonic to that ailment you'd think is a ruthless and prolific striker...an often expensive and rare beast in the PL.

So if that, and it is an 'if', that is the conclusion by Chris...then the preparation for landing such a striker would have to have started a few months ago.

Murray, who has rightfully earned legend status, was not the sustainable option. Locadia was probably seen as the bet with hope Andone would come through his injury and prove to be a real asset.

The season could never hinge on just Murray, Andone looks promising...certainly industrious, whilst Locadia must now be a question of how do you get a return on that £14m. My hope is there was a contingency plan set out last summer to either cover the event Andone didn't recover or that Murray couldn't carry the torch.

It would be a welcome Christmas gift if that plan was in place and Tony agrees bridging the gap with more spend until the financial return on Locadia has played through as a potential asset out on loan or other. However...he doesn't have to do this...the odds are we will stay up, so why spend net new money at all until the summer?

I agree with most of your post, but I really think we are taking a gamble on scrambling over the line if we don't spend.
So far we are looking in an okay position but come the end of Jan with no decent signings, we will be pushing the odds above and beyond to stay out of a big relegation battle IMO.

How many of the sides in and around us will strengthen???

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I agree with most of your post, but I really think we are taking a gamble on scrambling over the line if we don't spend.
So far we are looking in an okay position but come the end of Jan with no decent signings, we will be pushing the odds above and beyond to stay out of a big relegation battle IMO.

Agree, despite the cushion we have today it would be a more uncomfortable ride than any of us would like. Some of the lagging teams are finding their feet and we are dropping points for fixtures where we would have pencilled in a point.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Well if you believe the rumours Josh King is wanted by Man United. IMHO we would do well to repel any offers for our main players. Dunk may well be a target for Arsenal who need back up defenders to help them through their injury crisis. If they offered 30 million I reckon he would leave given he could walk into Arsenals depleted defence. Most of our midfield are probably on a lot of sides radar...Gross has interest from Liverpool. Kayal, Stevens even Knockaert could well be tempted away with a promise of first team football. Locadia may well go on loan or even be sold with the right offer but I would imagine if we are not going to be active in gaining a striker we would be reluctant to let him go anywhere.
We may all wish for a 20 goal striker but so is everyone else. We most probably will have to work with what we have and I will be more than happy if we keep what we have.....for now. Izzy and Ali coming back will be sufficient cover for us we just have to pray have hit form before long.
No one in no one out apart from Greyhound and Sutner. Promotion from within is the key.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well if you believe the rumours Josh King is wanted by Man United. IMHO we would do well to repel any offers for our main players. Dunk may well be a target for Arsenal who need back up defenders to help them through their injury crisis. If they offered 30 million I reckon he would leave given he could walk into Arsenals depleted defence. Most of our midfield are probably on a lot of sides radar...Gross has interest from Liverpool. Kayal, Stevens even Knockaert could well be tempted away with a promise of first team football. Locadia may well go on loan or even be sold with the right offer but I would imagine if we are not going to be active in gaining a striker we would be reluctant to let him go anywhere.
We may all wish for a 20 goal striker but so is everyone else. We most probably will have to work with what we have and I will be more than happy if we keep what we have.....for now. Izzy and Ali coming back will be sufficient cover for us we just have to pray have hit form before long.
No one in no one out apart from Greyhound and Sutner. Promotion from within is the key.

I think we have all but lost Pascal, he has gone off the pace and head maybe elsewhere.

To let Dunk go I believe would be madness, he has the right quality and attitude and always leads from the front.
I really can't see Hughton promoting from within, he is far too cautious.

If we lose players and don't recruit and keep to the favoured strategy of CH we are down.

If we add and adapt I think we will be okay.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Talk of Gross moving on seems to be gathering some traction with Southampton now showing some intrest it could become a bidding war, although we all appear to agree he is not the quickest and his goal to game ratio could be better he is undoubtedly a fine team playmaker and would be missed maybe we have a replacement already within our ranks

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think we have all but lost Pascal, he has gone off the pace and head maybe elsewhere.

To let Dunk go I believe would be madness, he has the right quality and attitude and always leads from the front.
I really can't see Hughton promoting from within, he is far too cautious.

If we lose players and don't recruit and keep to the favoured strategy of CH we are down.

If we add and adapt I think we will be okay.

I agree to let Dunk go would be madness but if Arsenal came sniffing he is a goner....or in this case a gooner. They may think 30 million is a price worth paying for a shoe in defender with potential to be a first team regular and England part player. He of course is worth so much more to us but if his head is turned.........

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree to let Dunk go would be madness but if Arsenal came sniffing he is a goner....or in this case a gooner. They may think 30 million is a price worth paying for a shoe in defender with potential to be a first team regular and England part player. He of course is worth so much more to us but if his head is turned.........

With any luck Bloom will show his intent yet again and spend to show Lewis it's worth sticking with us, as it would always be a gamble getting first team games at the gooners.

Anyway, a red shirt wouldn't suit him.

He is ours, and NO ONE can have him!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

If the club believed in Connolly they would not have bought Andone as their style in the same.
Connolly's route to the 1st team is now blocked.
Out on Loan.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Expect the only change in January will be Dan Burn coming in from Wigan as previously agreed.
Our squad in big enough.
Think Locadia should play v Arsenal in view of what he showed v Bmuff.
He deserves ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The moment you get the U-23s out on loan they're in the shop window and begin to accumulate value. We want to get ideally both of Gyokeres and Connolly out of loan to get 1st XI experience. Bloody Rangers need strikers and they owe us a favour, maybe we could reach a loan deal with Stevie G?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here