Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The John Lewis TV ad

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I just don’t get it. Every year the ad pulls on the heart strings, like family, absent friends, making someone feel special, all that stuff. But this does nothing. No wonder the CEO is jacking it in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No wonder the CEO is jacking it in.

Probably getting out whilst the goings' good, the high street as a sales outlet of actual goods as opposed to services will be neigh on non-existent in 5 years time

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Seriously, if you like it a lot, can you please tell me what the plot line is, I just don’t get it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Seriously, if you like it a lot, can you please tell me what the plot line is, I just don’t get it.

Elton...or Reg...is sitting alone, in his mansion, (whilst his hubby is upstairs with a greased Quamquat) thinking of the first time he tinkled the old ivories) and is taken on a whimsical journey back in time as he warbles “your song”....but there’s something missing...oh yes...COCAINE...all of his best stuff was inspired by monumental piles of SNIFF...is there a big crystal pile just off camera? You decide.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

I think, and I could be wrong, they are saying some times giving a present can change a persons life or set them on a path.

Phil Collins got a home made drum kit in a suitcase as a crimbo present as a child so maybe there is something in it.

Mind you not sure what the John Lewis spin of is going to be, I cannot imagine toy Elton’s or piano’s being popular.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think, and I could be wrong, they are saying some times giving a present can change a persons life or set them on a path.

Phil Collins got a home made drum kit in a suitcase as a crimbo present as a child so maybe there is something in it.

Mind you not sure what the John Lewis spin of is going to be, I cannot imagine toy Elton’s or piano’s being popular.

I don't think John Lewis sell pianos or any instruments, do they?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Even if they do now sell pianos, it’s not exactly a gift within reach of the common man/person, I just don’t get what they’re on about.

I got the penguin one. I got the young lad communicating with his deceased grandad up in heaven, the telescope thing etc.

But this has nothing. Other than a 4 year old getting a piano for Christmas. WTF?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The related Waitrose ad suggests people are not meant to ‘get it’. So maybe, for the first time ever, there is a sequel still to come, which will make sense of it all. Either that, or the head of marketing is going to be flipping burgers next week.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here