Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which ex-England star(s) are jealous of the current England group's success?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite a bit in the press today from Wayne Rooney about how some ex-England players are jealous of the current crop.

“I know there are some ex-players who I’ve spoken to who can’t come to terms with England doing well,” Rooney said. “That is wrong. I’m not like that. I’m a fan now. I want England to do well. I am proud to have played for England so many times and I always have been. I’ve had my time. I am happy with what I’ve contributed to the national team and I look forward now to the next few years and watching this team progress.”

Who do you think they are?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...gue-gareth-southgate-ex-players-a8639626.html

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wouldn’t mind betting this is right. Hart comes across as quite egotistical and not at all realistic, despite the fact he’s been a joke player for the last three years. I think he thinks he should still be England’s undisputed number one and some of his comments have seemed to be a bit bitter.

I always thought he felt hard done by, when Pep G had the balls to basically say he was sh!t.
All that blonde hair and shampoo must've fuddled Hart's brain.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still remember Rooney’s aggressive behaviour towards fans at the end of a pathetic lacklustre defeat in the South African WC which ended up with boos from the England fans. Maybe if he and the others had put in the effort that the current team do he could have been part of a good England team. Most of that underperforming squad are probably jealous as hell.

Take your pick from this lot

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/england-team/wm-2010-in-suedafrika/2/

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still remember Rooney’s aggressive behaviour towards fans at the end of a pathetic lacklustre defeat in the South African WC which ended up with boos from the England fans. Maybe if he and the others had put in the effort that the current team do he could have been part of a good England team. Most of that underperforming squad are probably jealous as hell.

Take your pick from this lot

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/england-team/wm-2010-in-suedafrika/2/

I don’t think it was for the want of effort or love for their country. But a combination of awful FA/manager management (either remote camps and not allowed to see WAGS with Capello, or freedom to see WAGS in a free environment with Sven), plus all the players tensing up on England duties. The world on their shoulders. Separately, McLaren was a joke to get the job.

The difference now is simply that Southgate is a class act in this representative football role and the FA have finally after decades of incompetence cut out their crap.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The difference now is simply that Southgate is a class act in this representative football role and the FA have finally after decades of incompetence cut out their crap.
I’d argue about Southgate being a class act. God knows what he was thinking of when he picked the side for this afternoon. Delphi .. really!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
England still play like their honouring the footy version of the Geneva Convention, they need to wise up and show a bit more aggression and less naivity!!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't think it was a particularly good performance, a bit like the semi final. probably has a lot to do with the opposition and the dread of screwing up. Entertaining it was though, regardless

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I don’t think it was for the want of effort or love for their country. But a combination of awful FA/manager management (either remote camps and not allowed to see WAGS with Capello, or freedom to see WAGS in a free environment with Sven), plus all the players tensing up on England duties. The world on their shoulders. Separately, McLaren was a joke to get the job.

This sums it up rather nicely...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bobby Moore.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
why exactly , whats your reasoning ?

A classic narcissist. The ‘John Terry Clause’ in his Chelsea contract where nobody could earn more than him at the club and if a new player came in earning more he would have to get parity. Also, showing what an arrogant sewer rat he was by slipping his team mates wife one. Showing no respect for his family, club or team mates. Should I go on?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here