Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much for a Ryan, Dunk and Duffy transfer bundle?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
18 for Ryan ? He’s worth more than 1/4 of Allison.......even if he’s only a 1/4 of the height

I still think of 18 million as being loads for a keeper, but you maybe right.
I remember when Nigel Martyn signed for palace for a million and it was considered crazy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a lot of money being thrown around here for 3 players only one of which "might get onto palace's bench".

They must have some defensive unit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This Bunn fella – is he Belgian?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
giphy.gif

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This Bunn fella – is he Belgian?

I’ve heard he has a wicked delivery, he’s a real hot crosser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Being realistic for a moment, none of them are good enough for a top six side. Ryan is the only one who could be if he improved with the ball at his feet.

Of course, in the crazy world of the PL that doesn’t stop them all being worth about £30m each.
I agree on the whole, except to say that I think Ryan definitely is good enough. I'd say Ryan is good enough for a top 6 side, Dunk is probably a good fit for a team with ambition and money to try and break into the top 4 but never quite gets there (Everton, West Ham, Newcastle) and Duffy is probably at a level just a bit below that

D

Deleted member 2719

I still think of 18 million as being loads for a keeper, but you maybe right.
I remember when Nigel Martyn signed for palace for a million and it was considered crazy.

Going back a bit further I remember Phil Parkes being sold for £565,000 thousand in the late 70s that was a world record for a keeper and West Ham paid it!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If our intention is simply to be in the Premier League without any interest in improving, why not flog them all for a nice healthy profit? It's worked out nicely for Southampton, build a team - sell the team. Build a team - sell the team. And then, eventually, it's back to struggling to survive followed by the inevitable relegation. Let's hope theirs is less protracted than Aston Villa and Sunderland endured, being dire for years before the inevitable.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If our intention is simply to be in the Premier League without any interest in improving, why not flog them all for a nice healthy profit? It's worked out nicely for Southampton, build a team - sell the team. Build a team - sell the team. And then, eventually, it's back to struggling to survive followed by the inevitable relegation.

Different ownership though. Brighton's owned by a fan who wants to see the team do well; Southampton is owned by an investor who wants to make a profit. I know TB wants to make a profit too, but it's not his over-riding thought.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The questions are for Tony Bloom really. Does he want the money?

If so then sell them. And it's probably £100m for all three. £50m for Dunk (English premium), £40m for Ryan, as goalkeeper prices have gone mad, and £20-25m for Duffy.

If he doesn't want the money then why sell? If we receive this money and then try and replace, how are we going to do that? We are gambling on recruiting the right players again which may not work. I'd feel happier had we kept Goldson, but we didn't. Balogun and Goldson with Walton in goal doesn't sound too bad, leaving money to be spent on supporting cast and elsewhere perhaps on a proper Murray replacement?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The questions are for Tony Bloom really. Does he want the money?

If so then sell them. And it's probably £100m for all three. £50m for Dunk (English premium), £40m for Ryan, as goalkeeper prices have gone mad, and £20-25m for Duffy.

If he doesn't want the money then why sell? If we receive this money and then try and replace, how are we going to do that? We are gambling on recruiting the right players again which may not work. I'd feel happier had we kept Goldson, but we didn't. Balogun and Goldson with Walton in goal doesn't sound too bad, leaving money to be spent on supporting cast and elsewhere perhaps on a proper Murray replacement?

If Brighton can't generate 2 quality centre backs, out of thin air, we might as well all give up now.
It's just a shame the club attempts to make centre forwards from the material.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
With Man Utd set to SWOOP for Ryan, keeping TABS on Dunk and Duffy having UPPED his game to a whole new level, how much would it cost to SNATCH the trio away in a single deal?

I think it's unlikely that we will get many points between now and January - so we wont be selling anyone as will be jjust about in the relegation zone . I think December will yield 2 points in total . One at home to Palace and one away at Huddersfield . We re in deep trouble in my view with a plethora of expensive attackers now being retrained as defenders

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is this some kind of Black Friday deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here