Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Mourinho planning SHOCK move for Lewis Dunk...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
“Shock” A shock to who? Lewis is a fine defender.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Apparently, Maureen will also be buying Alderweireld from Spurs (according to ESPN). Diego Godin from Atletico (Evening Standard). Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli and Cahill from Chelsea(The Week UK).

So much utter garbage in the press about transfers. Everyone knows Man United need defensive reinforcement so any half decent player will be 'linked by a source'. Clickbait link more like.

Ripon Gull

Feb 9, 2012
If Dunky does go in January (and I sincerely hope he doesn't), we won't have enough points on the board to guarantee safety, but we must hope that we are a good way there, because he'll be missed big time

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Club have held on to everyone the Manager has wanted to hold on to. So far so good. I think we could resist most offers. We put good values on our players and I don't see teams matching those values but you never know. Some club might do in the future but we are more than capable of finding replacement s for any of them but I could never envisage 3 first team regulars being allowed to leave in the same transfer window. I could even less envisage Chris Smalling in a Brighton shirt. He isn't a bad player but we can afford better if D or D were ever sold.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think he can play for a bigger team than us, and we can't just spend, spend, spend, can we?

Oh well, if he can play for a bigger team than us, obviously we should let him go. I have no idea what you mean by the spend, spend, spend remark, but suffice to say I would rather have 'bigger team' quality in my team than money in the bank. I am a partisan Brighton fan and don't care about who can or can't play for a 'bigger team'.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I think he can play for a bigger team than us, and we can't just spend, spend, spend, can we?

Oh for goodness sake. He's just signed a five year contract, he's got a splendid house out at Hurstpierpoint and a young family. Why on earth would he want to uproot the family to go and play for manure's reserves? That's how it would end up. He doesn't strike me as the type to move for cash given all of this..,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Are you Viv Nichols in disguise?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Neil Fissler normally writes rubbish about rugby transfers. The nearest he’s got to a scoop is at Franco’s ice cream parlour on Southend seafront.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I certainly wouldn't begrudge Dunk the move to help his career along. Hope he stays and I can't help thinking that he's worth more to us than anyone else will spend on him, so unless Lewis asks for the move, he'll stay put. As for the idea of Duffy, Dunk an Ryan being sold at the same time.... I don't remember three players being transferred between the same clubs since Rijkaard Gullit and Van Basten going to Milan. So it doesn't happen often. And it won't happen to us.
Rijkaard moved a year after the other two

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm not sure why people assume that Balogun would be an adequate replacement? He's played all of what, twice? He could be Bobby Moore reincarnate or two bob who really knows at this point?
He was superb in those games. Lewis was lucky to get straight back in (& was shaky just before & after)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Oh well, if he can play for a bigger team than us, obviously we should let him go. I have no idea what you mean by the spend, spend, spend remark, but suffice to say I would rather have 'bigger team' quality in my team than money in the bank. I am a partisan Brighton fan and don't care about who can or can't play for a 'bigger team'.

The spend spend spend remark is about the fact we have spent £110m since promotion while only bringing in about £10m. Speaking as a fan I agree that having Matt Ryan on the pitch is better than having the money in the bank, but why can't we find Matt Ryan mark two (weather that's Walton or someone bought in)?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The spend spend spend remark is about the fact we have spent £110m since promotion while only bringing in about £10m. Speaking as a fan I agree that having Matt Ryan on the pitch is better than having the money in the bank, but why can't we find Matt Ryan mark two (weather that's Walton or someone bought in)?

Too rainy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here