Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Mourinho planning SHOCK move for Lewis Dunk...

el punal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ted-Jose-Mourinho-England-defender-Lewis-Dunk

View attachment 102163

Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho planning SHOCK move for England defender

MANCHESTER UNITED are keeping tabs on the progress of England new boy Lewis Dunk.
By NEIL FISSLER AND DANIEL BLACKHAM
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, Nov 18, 2018

Jose Mourinho wants to strengthen his central defence and the Brighton ace, who made his international debut against the USA on Thursday, is on his radar.

Dunk, 27 this week, signed a new contract with the Seagulls until 2023 last month.

However, United are still confident they can tempt him away from the seaside and up to Manchester.

It is no secret that Manchester United are set to break the bank in January as they desperately try to tighten up their defence.

United could be forced to spend big for Dunk, as the defender’s recent contract saw him commit for another five years, and there is likely to be a large release clause involved for a player so recently called up by England.

Everton, Southampton and Leicester are also reported to be interested in the defender.

The whole article could be complete bullshit, on the other hand if there is a grain of truth in it I’m curious about the Leicester connection. Could it be that that a “big” club is about to snaffle Harry Maguire from them and our Lewis will be the Foxes’ replacement?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The whole article could be complete bullshit, on the other hand if there is a grain of truth in it I’m curious about the Leicester connection. Could it be that that a “big” club is about to snaffle Harry Maguire from them and our Lewis will be the Foxes’ replacement?

That would be my main concern. Lewis is a very good replacement for Maguire

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Website clickbait, not bylined by any of the writers whose names might make you think there was anything in it other than mere speculation. There actually was some interest from Manchester United a little while ago, but Maguire to Old Trafford is a far more likely scenario.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was relieved to read at the end there that Southampton are interested. It gives the piece a greater air of incredulity.

Anyone leaving us for them would need their head examined.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

That was one of the rumours circulating in the summer. Leicester would come in for Dunk if Maguire moved to United.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We need him to start for England today and let Croatia in for a 4 - 0 win.

This.

I preferred it when we were under the radar.

Come on, Dunky - a wild lunge followed by looking wistfully backwards as the oppos slice what's left of the defence in two to score the winner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Also, I'd like to know how they are actually 'keeping tabs'. Are they collecting his old Sainsbury receipts? Or are there merely watching him play football on the television?

Anyway, this is clearly bullshit as it doesn't mention that Palace are about to Swoop for Dunk in the window.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now Dunk has an England cap he'll be on more people's radar

Really?

You think there will have been people inside the game sitting down to watch the USA game and thinking "hang on - who's that bloke in the England number 6 shirt?"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Also, I'd like to know how they are actually 'keeping tabs'. Are they collecting his old Sainsbury receipts? Or are there merely watching him play football on the television?

Anyway, this is clearly bullshit as it doesn't mention that Palace are about to Swoop for Dunk in the window.

Palace would offer at least £200,000 for him as well, I think we should take it if they do, why, I'd drive him there myself,for that sort of money, and it would give Lewis the chance to play for a big club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not so long ago that quite a few NSCers wanted him sold, “liabilty” was the word they used :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is from the Express, who have Jacob Rees Mogg as the next Chancellor in their headlines today.

You missed the bit about 'after the next reshuffle of the government of Lilliput'.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We have to be very careful in this situation. We have spent £110m since we got in the Premier League, and sold only roughly £10m of players. I think many fans and clubs think that just because we have huge amount of money coming in then we can buy loads and not sell.

We are likely to make a loss on Locadia, Suttner. and Schelotto that run into millions of pounds, but players like Ryan and Gross we are likely to make a profit that run into millions .

Dunk is another player who we can make millions on. Although I doubt Man Utd is willing to splash the cash on him, I can see teams like Everton and Leicester being interested, and if they meet our valuation then we should let him go.

I think Balogun showed that he could step into Dunks' boots and I think Ben White has the potential and if he becomes 3rd or 4th choice then I wouldn't be against it.

Ryan is another player that I would listen to offers for but in the Summer and not January and only if the offer is very much in our favour. as I think Walton is nearly ready for us.

Good post. What makes you think Walton will be ready or, more precisely, how many games have you seen him play for Wigan?

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace would offer at least £200,000 for him as well, I think we should take it if they do, why, I'd drive him there myself,for that sort of money, and it would give Lewis the chance to play for a big club.

You mean a £2m bid and agreed sale price but we'd only net £200k as we'd only get 10p in the pound!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1. If Dunk goes to Manure, he'll end up an automaton, like the rest of that team.
2. Anyway Mourinho will probably get sacked, another coach comes in, may not like Dunk, and bring in their own types.
3. Note to Lewis Dunk, stay where you are, you've got Sussex supporting you, biggest fan base in the UK :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here