Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Mourinho planning SHOCK move for Lewis Dunk...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ted-Jose-Mourinho-England-defender-Lewis-Dunk

Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 07.20 AM.JPG

Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho planning SHOCK move for England defender

MANCHESTER UNITED are keeping tabs on the progress of England new boy Lewis Dunk.
By NEIL FISSLER AND DANIEL BLACKHAM
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, Nov 18, 2018

Jose Mourinho wants to strengthen his central defence and the Brighton ace, who made his international debut against the USA on Thursday, is on his radar.

Dunk, 27 this week, signed a new contract with the Seagulls until 2023 last month.

However, United are still confident they can tempt him away from the seaside and up to Manchester.

It is no secret that Manchester United are set to break the bank in January as they desperately try to tighten up their defence.

United could be forced to spend big for Dunk, as the defender’s recent contract saw him commit for another five years, and there is likely to be a large release clause involved for a player so recently called up by England.

Everton, Southampton and Leicester are also reported to be interested in the defender.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If United want him badly enough to pay a massive fee I doubt we’d be able to keep him. In better news United are rumoured to be willing to offer 60 million for Jordan Pickford, if De Gea won’t sign a new contract, so maybe they don’t have eyes on Maty Ryan.

I like to think we’d rebuff Everton and Leicester but Saints are dreaming if they think they can tempt Dunk away.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a shock though, if they are looking to improve.....

Still why leave for an inferior team, I mean we keep beating them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Lazy journalism really

Utd obviously desperate for a CB... so pick someone who is playing for a bottom half side and has just received an England cap.

Also other clubs linked are strange, Everton ? Who have Keane and Zouma and £30m Mina ? Southampton ..... wtf would he even want to go there ?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We have to be very careful in this situation. We have spent £110m since we got in the Premier League, and sold only roughly £10m of players. I think many fans and clubs think that just because we have huge amount of money coming in then we can buy loads and not sell.

We are likely to make a loss on Locadia, Suttner. and Schelotto that run into millions of pounds, but players like Ryan and Gross we are likely to make a profit that run into millions .

Dunk is another player who we can make millions on. Although I doubt Man Utd is willing to splash the cash on him, I can see teams like Everton and Leicester being interested, and if they meet our valuation then we should let him go.

I think Balogun showed that he could step into Dunks' boots and I think Ben White has the potential and if he becomes 3rd or 4th choice then I wouldn't be against it.

Ryan is another player that I would listen to offers for but in the Summer and not January and only if the offer is very much in our favour. as I think Walton is nearly ready for us.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We wil need to consider if we have a suitable replacement and our HGP quotas. Since we have been a Premier League club we haven't bought any HGP's who could compete for a first team place. We need to start building those numbers or be fleeced by championship clubs hoping to hold on to defenders who are HGP

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Dunk will be on the radar of a lot of clubs, but will they be willing to pay our valuation?

I guess we will only know when the attention on him gets serious. It's inevitable that he will move on, but I think the club will be reluctant to let him go mid-season.

So, that's Dunk, and Ryan headed for Man U, shall we throw Duffy into the package as well? :lol:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Dunk will be on the radar of a lot of clubs, but will they be willing to pay our valuation?

So, that's Dunk, and Ryan headed for Man U, shall we throw Duffy into the package as well? :lol:

Well he’s been head and shoulders above Dunk this season, with far fewer schoolboy errors, so most definitely yes!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We wil need to consider if we have a suitable replacement and our HGP quotas. Since we have been a Premier League club we haven't bought any HGP's who could compete for a first team place. We need to start building those numbers or be fleeced by championship clubs hoping to hold on to defenders who are HGP

Like Reading in the Summer, we walked away and gave Ben Barclay his place.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people don't make me do all the heavy lifting.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lazy journalism really

Utd obviously desperate for a CB... so pick someone who is playing for a bottom half side and has just received an England cap.

Also other clubs linked are strange, Everton ? Who have Keane and Zouma and £30m Mina ? Southampton ..... wtf would he even want to go there ?

This sums it up. Now Dunk has an England cap he'll be on more people's radar so it's easy pickings for any low level sports winter writer who needs to fill a bit of space.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
The Express are known for their scattergun approach to weather forecasting.
We'd been expecting a predicted "bbq summer" for at least a decade and in 2018 they were finally proven correct.
If this run up to Xmas sees the perpetually predicted Winter whiteout courtesy of the beast from the east then they'll have been right twice in one year.
Beware the saying about a stopped clock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here