Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should half time be extended to 30 minutes?

15 or 30?

Votes: 168 93.9%

Votes: 11 6.1%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the modern game 15 doesn’t seem enough. Will 30 minutes ensure you can do your HT stuff and not miss the restart?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No. Midweek games that kick off at 8pm won't finish until gone 10pm. Next question.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

For me no, what's the point in changing something that has worked for years.
Anyway it would give Locadia a chance to wow the crowd with a dj set :shootself

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

For me no, what's the point in changing something that has worked for years.
Anyway it would give Locadia a chance to wow the crowd with a dj set :shootself

But does it still work? We all see plenty of empty seats at half time. The modern football fan doesn’t seem to have enough time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
30 mins would be a bit unfair on the early leavers who would miss an extra 15 mins as they rush to get away to their pre organised events.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

FFS, you can renegociate your mortgage in 15 minutes, I say five minutes, suck an orange, have your bottom smacked, back on the pitch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But does it still work? We all see plenty of empty seats at half time. The modern football fan doesn’t seem to have enough time.

Quite, I'd prefer the game to KO 5 minutes earlier, 2 minutes for half time, and back home in time for Jim 'll fix it. Bloody football. What a racket.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Stick with 15mins. We need to bring in the American style of serving match day food, where staff throw hotdogs straight into the customers hand without them having to leave their seat. If the new Spurs ground's gonna be using this method, why not us?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I say yes - think of the increase in advertising on TV and therefore more money. This money could be used to buy more players and pay them more money so we’d have better ones. Like Locadia. Lovely money. Anything that raises more money must be a good thing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shorten it to five! Give the overpaid bu88ers time to have a piss and suck on a bit of orange an get out there again!

Glass roots football has to put up with the changing rooms being locked, and the bloke with the key coming back hopefully not too long after the match has finished. Why shouldn't the lucky sods on £KKKK a week have to shiver in the cold and wait for a while too?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting that every reply has been based on the supporter experience .... what about the players. Surely by 30 minutes they would have started to cool down too much and thus another warmup would be need probably resulting in more injuries ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here