Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should half time be extended to 30 minutes?

15 or 30?

Votes: 168 93.9%

Votes: 11 6.1%

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I say yes - think of the increase in advertising on TV and therefore more money. This money could be used to buy more players and pay them more money so we’d have better ones. Like Locadia. Lovely money. Anything that raises more money must be a good thing.

Right Mr Barber

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hare brained idea, never understood why people are so desperate to eat and drink at half time. Drink and eat yourself stupid before and after a game, half time is good for a piss and to grab a hot drink (on a cold day) and 15 mins is plenty for that imo. No problem with those who need to leave five mins before half time and come back five mins into the second half to have a beer but not for me thanks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hare brained idea, never understood why people are so desperate to eat and drink at half time. Drink and eat yourself stupid before and after a game, half time is good for a piss and to grab a hot drink (on a cold day) and 15 mins is plenty for that imo. No problem with those who need to leave five mins before half time and come back five mins into the second half to have a beer but not for me thanks.

This

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely 100% no. 15 minutes is quite long enough. In fact I preferred it in the old days when it was 10 minutes. Incidentally does anyone recall when it changed from 10 to 15?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But does it still work? We all see plenty of empty seats at half time. The modern football fan doesn’t seem to have enough time.

If the idea of extending half time to 30 minutes there would still be people who were back after the second half started as they would still want another drink to fill in the time.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Why do you need half time to grab a hot drink - you can have one at any time from your fla...oh, err, yes.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If it was Sky and other broadcasters making the decision then they'd be in favour of extending the half-time break, as it'll mean they'll be able to get more adverts in and also possibly half time interviews.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Only allow 30 minutes if there are gates at the concourse stopping people returning to their seats once the second half has kicked off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

But you are a dinosaur in terms of the modern supporter. Clubs need us to spend more money so why not increase time to do so, there should be time to queue and have a couple of pints minimum without need to miss the game either side of half time. A minimum of 30mins to get and consume food sand drinks, place a bet etc is needed these days. More money raised and more money to spend on quality players. I don’t understand why some fans don’t understand it’s all about money. Without money we can’t compete. So every way we can generate even more money must take priority over anything else or we’ll be left behind. Plus Technology could be used far more effectively to let us spend more of our money. Why can’t we buy food in the stands during the game from hawkers like they do in America? Missing so many tricks, plus the screens could show adverts instead of the team all the time - don’t need to see line up once been announced! Another way to leverage more money!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But you are a dinosaur in terms of the modern supporter. Clubs need us to spend more money so why not increase time to do so, there should be time to queue and have a couple of pints minimum without need to miss the game either side of half time. A minimum of 30mins to get and consume food sand drinks, place a bet etc is needed these days. More money raised and more money to spend on quality players. I don’t understand why some fans don’t understand it’s all about money. Without money we can’t compete. So every way we can generate even more money must take priority over anything else or we’ll be left behind. Plus Technology could be used far more effectively to let us spend more of our money. Why can’t we buy food in the stands during the game from hawkers like they do in America? Missing so many tricks, plus the screens could show adverts instead of the team all the time - don’t need to see line up once been announced! Another way to leverage more money!

Hmmm, you can stuff your Americanisation of football says this dinosaur who also preferred cricket when teams wore whites and the supporters didn’t chant football songs :smile:

Very suprised you missed the suggestion to break the game into four quarters in your money quest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here