Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should half time be extended to 30 minutes?

15 or 30?

Votes: 168 93.9%

Votes: 11 6.1%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're thinking of American football

The way the game is going if the teams promise to deliver 15 minutes of football, we'll still be up on the deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes we do. It is of no benefit to the players, and of some detriment.

As [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] pointed out, the players need to retain a warmth, readiness and physical metabolism which 30 minutes' rest will only hinder.

15 minutes hinders the things you list. I refer you politely to post #48

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Interesting that every reply has been based on the supporter experience .... what about the players. Surely by 30 minutes they would have started to cool down too much and thus another warmup would be need probably resulting in more injuries ?

My thoughts entirely. I am surprised that the issue had not been looked at so much from this angle. It would be so much harder to keep motivating players if you have to repeat yourself over and over again for 30 minutes, plus they would inevitably stiffen up. I like a beer like most folk, but don't see the need at half time -of course if others want to, that is up to them, but they run the risk of missing the start of the second half -given the amount who do come up late, it would seem that they think it is the price worth paying for a beer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good grief. It used to be ten minutes although this was rarely adhered to. I'd be in favour of going back to that. 15 minutes is plenty of time to go to the toilet and for the players to receive their team talk at half time which is really it's only purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here