Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] BT/Sky TV installation problem

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
After agreeing to a broadband and TV package with BT, BT arrived and installed the broadband, no problem. Following week Sky turned up to install a dish but there is nowhere to put it and my neighbour won't allow it on the joint bit of brick between the adjoining properties. The pillar is wide enough but my half has the shared downpipe and he won't have my dish on his half.

Firstly I contracted to BT and don't remember them mentioning Sky at all.

Secondly, who still has a dish nowadays?

Finally, any suggestions out there? I had issues with Virgin before so cancelling BT and going to them isn't an option. I wanted Fox channel so a basic areal isn't good either.

And yes I have turned it off and on again lol.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
You need an aerial for BTTV, not a satellite dish! How did the SKY contractors get involved?

no idea. BT just said tv would be installed a week later. Then a Sky van turned up for the appointment. Just checked my package advert on moneysaving and no mention of Sky at all.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
no idea. BT just said tv would be installed a week later. Then a Sky van turned up for the appointment. Just checked my package advert on moneysaving and no mention of Sky at all.

Just did a quick Google and it appears BT lost the Fox channel a couple of years back.

I would give BT a ring and ask what is going on!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Just did a quick Google and it appears BT lost the Fox channel a couple of years back.

I would give BT a ring and ask what is going on!

just tried that. 30 minute queue all evening on an 03 number. Sky are coming back Sunday. I will just let him phone them on his hot line.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bizarre. BT confirm in their advertising that any cables provided by Sky or Virgin can’t be used for their package. Normal channels are via digital aerial and premium stuff is via broadband.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He asked me where it was and I said I didn't have anything Sky. He went outside and scratched his head. Maybe that is the problem?

Seems like a total mix up, whereas he should have been installing a digital aerial, he was trying to install a digital dish. As said above, demand compensation from BT and tell them to send out a contractor with at least half a brain next time!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Have you already got a digital external aerial?

If not, maybe the contractor should have been installing that and not a dish!

I had B/T tv with no aerial, mine comes through the internet via the phone/broadband socket on the wall.

Which meant if the internet went down, so did my tv.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here