Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Spurs - Facepalms at the ready...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Effectively it is a piece of THFC leisurewear, styled in the manner of an NFL shirt?

Can't see a problem with it tbh (bar the ridiculous pricetag).

There was a cycling jersey, styled like an Albion shirt a while back, and our resident cycling geeks creamed themselves over it.

Any difference?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Effectively it is a piece of THFC leisurewear, styled in the manner of an NFL shirt?

There was a cycling jersey, styled like an Albion shirt a while back, and our resident cycling geeks creamed themselves over it.

Any difference?

Exactly. There is no middle ground on social media.

When i was a kid (decades ago) my old fella used the word 'alright' with about 20 different inflections which could mean anything from 'awful' to 'amazing'. Not sure Social Media would have been his thing.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I can just see the MotD commentary for our American cousins:

"And here's Kane, he's in the six with the one on one opportunity. Oh my God! Touchdown rejected out of bounds by the point guard for a corner re-start. A routine clear away there from the London Spurs Franchise offensive player.... "

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I actually really like it, & totally agree with HKFC. I think English football shirts on Regular Joes look awful, so in my opinion its an improvement.
But then I always wear my NFL gear anyway....
As for the fuss about the cost, thats actually a pretty standard price for an american football jersey these days unfortunately.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Any difference?

I would say so,

The cyclists buy the cycling gear to go out cycling in. They would be wearing other cycling gear anyway, so may as well wear an Albion themed one.

You typically wear an NFL jersey to show your support for an NFL team.....Spurs aren't an NFL team. They are not exactly a t shirt are they? They are MASSIVE. Not your normal casual wear.

It's really odd. Who the hell will buy it? I can't work out what the target market is?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I would say so,

The cyclists buy the cycling gear to go out cycling in. They would be wearing other cycling gear anyway, so may as well wear an Albion themed one.

You typically wear an NFL jersey to show your support for an NFL team.....Spurs aren't an NFL team. They are not exactly a t shirt are they? They are MASSIVE. Not your normal casual wear.

It's really odd. Who the hell will buy it? I can't work out what the target market is?

But its not an "NFL" jersey for fans of an NFL team is it? Its an American Football style jersey. In America you get cross over jerseys all the time - hockey / football...football / baseball etc. Its not considered unusual at all over there (I had a Green Bay Packers baseball jersey once and it looked great!) so why not do it for football clubs?
Also, American football jerseys on sale these days are fitted more for the leisure market, and not to fit over pads etc., so they arent massive. As a piece of leisure wear I see nothing wrong with it. Personally, I love American football jerseys, so if we had one I would seriously consider it over a normal shirt....just my preference though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I actually really like it, & totally agree with HKFC. I think English football shirts on Regular Joes look awful, so in my opinion its an improvement.
But then I always wear my NFL gear anyway....

I can understand you thinking English football shirts look awful, I'm not a big fan of wearing a shirt unless I'm playing football or watching a game. NFL shirts are huge and supposed to be worn over padding though, how can you think they look ok when someone is just wearing them on the street?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can understand you thinking English football shirts look awful, I'm not a big fan of wearing a shirt unless I'm playing football or watching a game. NFL shirts are huge and supposed to be worn over padding though, how can you think they look ok when someone is just wearing them on the street?
Replica jerseys are completely different to game jerseys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Any difference?

Wow wow wow back down there tiger.

The shitty piece of shit cycling jersey that appeared in the club shop was...

...shit, and to a man we all thought so.

Although that doesn't stop us designing our own Albion related cycling apparel, which on the whole usually looks pretty decent.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Totally different these days. Cut more as a fitted style for the casual fan, rather than the style used in a game situation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also there's some crossover between football and cycling.
A few clubs, on the continent, also have 'semi-professional' cyling teams affiliated to them

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But its not an "NFL" jersey for fans of an NFL team is it? Its an American Football style jersey..

Thankfully the Spurs marketing team listened to you and didn't make Harry Kane pretend he was a quarterback in the promo shots.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Thankfully the Spurs marketing team listened to you and didn't make Harry Kane pretend he was a quarterback in the promo shots.

With Spurs hosting International Series games from next year, & Harry Kane being such a huge American Football fan himself, I really dont see why its all that surprising for some people to see that the club and marketing team have decided to do it. Makes sense to promote that side of the business, & the link to gridiron, using their poster boy as much as possible...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is this a big carrot to get NFL played at their new ground, extra money to pay for it! :facepalm:

You just a tad behind the times there. It will be hosting NFL two games a season for the next ten years and was supposed to stage one this season until the construction overrun put paid to it. There are purpose-built NFL locker rooms and an artificial surface under the (removable) football pitch.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s nicer than some of the absolute shite our club shop sells.

Would I wear it? No.
Do I think it’s reasonably priced? No.
Do I think it’s particularly bad? No :shrug:

Complete non-story.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They are not exactly a t shirt are they? They are MASSIVE. Not your normal casual wear.

INFL shirts are huge and supposed to be worn over padding though, how can you think they look ok when someone is just wearing them on the street?

It's like you are both typing without having actually LOOKED at the pictures of the shirt in the OP :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here