Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Tablets advice

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Over the years I've had Asus, Fire, Samsung tablets and bought an ipad in 2017.
I will replace it with another ipad possibly next year and pass this one on to my daughter.
It still works perfectly.

It's the only Apple product I own so I'm not an Apple fanboy.
Re tablets : The best decision I've made. Through 2015/16/17 it appeared to top all the "which tablet should I buy" charts, likely for various reasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still love using a tablet for internet browsing and shopping. This 6 or 7 year old ipad has almost given up the ghost, so its replacement is on its way. I prefer the much larger screen, than a phone.

Digressing, it's interesting how desktop's are so popular. For work I've always preferred them, but I was always told by various colleagues over the years that laptops (with docking stations) would finally kill off desktops completely. I prefer the ergonomics of a large screen at eye level and a full size keyboard. Kids have followed suit, ditching their laptops for homework and revision.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Still love using a tablet for internet browsing and shopping. This 6 or 7 year old ipad has almost given up the ghost, so its replacement is on its way. I prefer the much larger screen, than a phone.

Digressing, it's interesting how desktop's are so popular. For work I've always preferred them, but I was always told by various colleagues over the years that laptops (with docking stations) would finally kill off desktops completely. I prefer the ergonomics of a large screen at eye level and a full size keyboard. Kids have followed suit, ditching their laptops for homework and revision.
For work I have a Surface Laptop (not much bigger or heavier than an IPad with keyboard) but in the office have a docking hub with a 34" wide-screen monitor.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For work I have a Surface Laptop (not much bigger or heavier than an IPad with keyboard) but in the office have a docking hub with a 34" wide-screen monitor.

Have you come across folk (not old timers!) who prefer a full size keyboard and mouse, to a laptop set up? Our kids and their mates find the former more enjoyable to use and far quicker than a cramped laptop with mouse pad, for homework. I don't if that's a common view?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here