Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] No Question Time Thread ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm amazed he didn't as by not dissociating the programme from her views I believe he made the BBC liable to a defamation action. My knowledge of media law is a little shaky in the area of broadcast but I think that, as Question Time goes out with a slight delay, it counts as a recorded programme and is therefore subject to the same laws as newspapers. The Labour Party lawyers should certainly be demanding a retraction from Claire Perry.

As for the programme itself, the sooner Dimbleby retires, the better. The panellists were hopeless. Perry attacked Barry Gardiner for interrupting her then proceeded to do the same to all the other panellists herself. Gardiner was stumbling and long-winded. The audience were the usual argument against democracy.

I think they record it at 8.30, so there's certainly opportunity for the BBC to edit it before it goes out at 10.45. Quite surprising that they left that anti-Semite slur in, but I guess she might've dug her own grave with that one, if Labour feel like kicking off over it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...oyal-Family-Commonwealth-Queen-Prince-Charles maybe a start?
caught the back end of the programme , good to see people giving out a few home truths
regards
DR

1.Giving up being Head of the Commonwealth is not the same as dissolving the monarchy.
2.The Commonwealth leaders vote for the headship, and so, is nothing to do with British politicians.

3. The Daily Express hasn't got a clue what it is talking about shocker.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My Dad served on these convoys, where the ships had to get through, no matter what. They had to leave survivors of sinking merchant and RN ships in the water to drown or freeze to death, because the ships had to get through to feed the nation.
To compare Brexit no deal with that shows astonishing ignorance.

[tweet]1063367014041952256[/tweet]

Jan 30, 2008
1.Giving up being Head of the Commonwealth is not the same as dissolving the monarchy.
2.The Commonwealth leaders vote for the headship, and so, is nothing to do with British politicians.

3. The Daily Express hasn't got a clue what it is talking about shocker.
a bit like Corbyn and your types???
regards
DR

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fiona Bruce odds on to become new chair when Dimbleby retires in December.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Fiona Bruce odds on to become new chair when Dimbleby retires in December.
Quite a surprise offer to me, though have always liked her and it would be interesting to see her dig deep and cross examine the panellists if she accepts. Maybe some of the other applicants would have contributed too much to a a pitched battle

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watched QT for the first time for a long time tonight - too much crap about Brexit has put me off for a while. However, most participants were very sensible about Brexit tonight, and I could actually watch without it making my blood boil. Politicians from all parties (well, probably not the Lib Dems or the SNP, but I'm not sure they were even there - fair enough, who wants them?) in agreement about no second (well, third actually) referendum. Shit deal or not a shit deal - either way we're out.
For the benefit of some recidivists on another thread, yes, to answer many tedious questions, that is what the majority voted for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here