• Yes - she should go

Votes: 151 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you going to provide one positive aspect of Brexit like I asked, seeing as I answered your question?

Remember, I voted Remain.

But, less pressure on housing, schools, gps ... if immigration does become controlled and targeted.

The House of Commons, which is wholly elected, deciding all future laws. Rather than the UK being one small cog in a Council of Ministers, or subject to the huge delegated powers lying with unelected Commissioners. This should not scare Tory haters, as it cuts all ways. I think the next GE will deliver a Corbyn/Sturgeon/Cable coalition.

Many Remainers have commented that the EEC was never intended to have developed into what is it today.

Lastly, but I’ll leave this one to disciples of Corbyn and McClusky to explain further. It will vest power on employee wages from the power of Mercedes, Fiat, Siemens etc with the race to the bottom with freedom of movement, to allow a national government to set pay across industries.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having been very against the deal on the table I could be persuaded if the final back stop date is relatively near which I believe is what is being suggested. The initial 585 page document said we were in forever. If she delivers on say a two year transition and then we are out then I want her in, even though at the moment I voted out.

She is fundamentally a good person, she works hard and she clearly cares about this country. I'm not sure what else you want from a Prime Minister. If she can deliver a proper Brexit then history will show her to be a truly great PM. If she fails though she is won't. It's on a knife edge. Her reign ill be defined by this in the same way Churchill was defined by winning the war.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Having been very against the deal on the table I could be persuaded if the final back stop date is relatively near which I believe is what is being suggested. The initial 585 page document said we were in forever. If she delivers on say a two year transition and then we are out then I want her in, even though at the moment I voted out.

She is fundamentally a good person, she works hard and she clearly cares about this country. I'm not sure what else you want from a Prime Minister. If she can deliver a proper Brexit then history will show her to be a truly great PM. If she fails though she is won't. It's on a knife edge. Her reign ill be defined by this in the same way Churchill was defined by winning the war.

Windrush and the hostile environment suggests that she is a nasty bit of work

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Given that 'forever' means until the end of time, it's a fair bet that Irish re-unification will happen at some stage before that... at which point the backstop disintegrates. It does amaze me that the anti-backstop brigade are not actively pushing this as a solution to reach their end goal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
quite sure i heard an Irish MP say recently that the backstop only needs to be in place a few years until techincal solutions for the boarder can be implemented. for all the fuss that it "cant be done" some people on the Irish/EU side have merely said "cant be done in time". so to this end a longer transistion period, 3-4 years, and the backstop issue may disappear.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Given that 'forever' means until the end of time, it's a fair bet that Irish re-unification will happen at some stage before that... at which point the backstop disintegrates. It does amaze me that the anti-backstop brigade are not actively pushing this as a solution to reach their end goal.

I think you'll find they are not because most of the anti back stop camp are pro union of the United Kingdom which includes Northern Ireland. They should be respected for not wanting to sell out Northern Ireland which as you say would be very tempting.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What is so funny? He was a great Mayor of London, and very popular with the charisma to beat the commie anorak wearing scumbag.

And an uncouth slob of a foreign secretary. Opportunist buffoon.
Anyone want to buy a water cannon?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
She should stay. Whatever your politics I don't think anyone can deny Mrs May has more courage than the rest of her lily livered party put together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She should stay. Whatever your politics I don't think anyone can deny Mrs May has more courage than the rest of her lily livered party put together.

I don't like her, or trust her, but she is holding her own against the back stabbers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Plenty will deny it! But I basically agree - she was a shite Home Secretary, but as PM is probably doing the best job possible in the circumstances, the circumstances being that all sides are trying to hinder her and stitch her up every step of the way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think you'll find they are not because most of the anti back stop camp are pro union of the United Kingdom which includes Northern Ireland. They should be respected for not wanting to sell out Northern Ireland which as you say would be very tempting.

They are happy for Northern Ireland to be treated differently from the rest of the UK when it suits them though...… I'd love to dress up as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come and creep in to Arlene's bedroom and rattle my chains and say " A United Ireland is Coming ……. you can't fight it forever..... "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here