• Yes - she should go

Votes: 151 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
She was elected as leader of the Tory party in a democratic process and, as we know, democratic processes may never be undone and people should never be given the opportunity to change their mind.

May means May.

:dunce:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stay, she is the best of a bad lot. This comment just about sums up the current state of our politics and politicians within.

I don't trust her one bit. She started off the Windrush problem, had those vans going round with slogans Go Home or face arrest, and prevented the security services investigating Aaron Banks.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/26/theresa-may-go-home-vans-operation-vaken-ukip

The problem is, we could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I cannot see one Tory MP who can convince me they can do a job.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just remember that if history has taught us anything, people who are sacked without the consequences being fully thought through tend to be replaced by Mark Hughes.

View attachment 102102

Then it will all come to light that Brexit was down to poor refereeing decisions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
1. She is not a good leader, she is a terrible campaigner and guaranteed to lose the Tories seats, so great news if you want the Tories out.

It's worrying that British politics has reached a point where voters think it's acceptable a change of government is based on how poor a PM is rather than any positive policies of the opposition.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Losing one Brexit Secretary of State may be regarded as a misfortune; losing two confirms you aren't delivering what you promised. Time to go.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Frankly I'd have him as PM of a national unity Government right now.

The great shame is that, particularly because it was the result of a referendum of a cross party electorate, they didn’t form a cross party committee to come up with the master plan and get an agreed solution. Seems so late in the day to do this now, but maybe that’s the only way forward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's worrying that British politics has reached a point where voters think it's acceptable a change of government is based on how poor a PM is rather than any positive policies of the opposition.

I don't get your logic. If I vote Labour it's because I think Labour has better policies than the Tories. Having May remain as Tory leader rather than - say - Mogg, makes Labour getting elected more likely, ergo I'd want May to stay on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The great shame is that, particularly because it was the result of a referendum of a cross party electorate, they didn’t form a cross party committee to come up with the master plan and get an agreed solution. Seems so late in the day to do this now, but maybe that’s the only way forward.

Ken Clarke's suggested these as the possible next steps from where we are:

- Vote of no confidence in May
- She wins
- Tories start working with pro-Brexit Labour MPs to get the deal through. This will involve some changes to the deal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Go, definitely.
She is a feeble, lying, useless old bag
She should have gone ages ago.
It's a great shame that the country had to decend into a total shambles before she is pushed out.
No confidence letters going in.
Cameron left her the brexit mess but she has also got nearly everything else wrong, especially education and universal credit.
Hopefully we are seeing the end finally of the evil, nasty Conservative party as well.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not impressed with her and she shouldn't stay post-Brexit...

...but going now would be worse. We need someone to finish the job because changing at this late stage will be just piling further disaster on the c**k up we have.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm no fan of May but is there any real alternative? She seems to be a fairly moderate voice between the Hard Brexiteers and the Remain side of the party. I'd rather her than Rees-Mogg, for example.

I agree ... she's between a rock and a hard place. I actually admire her for sticking with it. The likes of Corbyn, Rees-Mogg, Boris, the Krankie woman are all saying what she has negotiated is rubbish but I've yet to hear any pragmatic alternative that will be acceptable to the EU. Hard brexit, election and chaos up ahead for sure.

I think she might have got more support if she said she would mobilise our fleet, put the Empire back together again and invade France. That's no less sensible than some of the guff being spouted

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a mess. It was always going to be a mess. Some Tories have reverted to type and forgot that the days of empire are over. It's like the mid-Major years again. Only this time it's more serious.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
We all know what alternative we voted for, and she is not providing it. We voted to LEAVE, not become a puppet state.

Actually you don’t. No one does as no one actually knows what Brexit means. When the likes of Rees-mogg, boris and Farage can’t agree on what it actually means then you’re pretty much screwed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here