Votes: 154 50.5%
  • Yes - she should go

Votes: 151 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I wouldn’t want her job, I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t want the job, and I can’t think of anyone who would do any better given the pile of poo she inherited. We are drastically short of political leaders who could appease the majority of people in this country.
Cameron created a mess that no one, repeat, no one, is going to get us out of.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
What is so funny? He was a great Mayor of London, and very popular with the charisma to beat the commie anorak wearing scumbag.

Don't agree he was a great Mayor of London at all. He has all the charisma of a wet flannel.

article-2182965-1453AD23000005DC-394_634x792.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gus to No. 10 :dunce:

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Leaving aside the Brexit mess, she should have gone when the Windrush scandal broke, but used Rudd as cover. It's only the lack of competent alternatives that has kept her going since the last election. Everything we learn about the ongoing impact of Windrush, Austerity and various other failed Tory policies makes it obvious that the Tories have been mismanaging this country for many years, constantly putting party politics ahead of national interest, including economy and welbeing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't vote Tory so for me she has to stay, for two reasons:

1. She is not a good leader, she is a terrible campaigner and guaranteed to lose the Tories seats, so great news if you want the Tories out.

2. We only reach the end of this Brexit phase when the Deal is approved by the EU and then voted on by Parliament. If Parliament votes to reject her Deal only then should her position as PM be up for review. We're talking a matter of weeks here. Britain will look even more shit to the rest of the world if she's kicked out before her Deal has even been voted on in Parliament. If this happens the EU will be less likely to play ball with us if we can't follow due process.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leaving aside the Brexit mess, she should have gone when the Windrush scandal broke, but used Rudd as cover. It's only the lack of competent alternatives that has kept her going since the last election. Everything we learn about the ongoing impact of Windrush, Austerity and various other failed Tory policies makes it obvious that the Tories have been mismanaging this country for many years, constantly putting party politics ahead of national interest, including economy and welbeing.

There's no shortage of Tories willing to stand as her replacement, but it was obvious that couldn't happen until the Brexit negotiations had concluded.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stay because the thought of JRM or BoJo is infinitely more terrifying.

She's the best of a very bad bunch - like the winner of a tallest dwarf competition.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I wouldn’t want her job, I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t want the job, and I can’t think of anyone who would do any better given the pile of poo she inherited. We are drastically short of political leaders who could appease the majority of people in this country.
Cameron created a mess that no one, repeat, no one, is going to get us out of.

We created the mess. It was us that voted, not Cameron.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In amongst all this mess, spare a thought for Liam Fox.

He's watched Brexiteer colleagues, BoJo, Davis, Raab and McVey resign as a point of principle yet there he still is in the Cabinet. He said this would be the easiest trade deal to negotiate in history, then watched May confirm just how difficult the process has been, yet there he still is in Cabinet.

Why the hell has he not resigned yet? He's already stood twice as candidate to lead the Tories, in 2005 and 2016. Is he really so vain that he believes he might actually become PM?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In amongst all this mess, spare a thought for Liam Fox.

He's watched Brexiteer colleagues, BoJo, Davis, Raab and McVey resign as a point of principle yet there he still is in the Cabinet. He said this would be the easiest trade deal to negotiate in history, then watched May confirm just how difficult the process has been, yet there he still is in Cabinet.

Why the hell has he not resigned yet? He's already stood twice as candidate to lead the Tories, in 2005 and 2016. Is he really so vain that he believes he might actually become PM?

Fox is as bad as Gove. Just looking out for himself. Should have resigned months ago when Boris and David Davis left.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just heard Ken Clarke on Radio 4 and he's of the opinion that May will win the vote of confidence, that now seems inevitable as, frankly, there's no one who could come in and unite the party.

I'm no fan of hers, but she has an impossible job and whoever was doing it, from either of the main parties, would be torn to shreds from all directions too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just remember that if history has taught us anything, people who are sacked without the consequences being fully thought through tend to be replaced by Mark Hughes.

Mark Hughes.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here