Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone Else Worried About January?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Button didn't exactly fill me with confidence when he played against Southampton in the cup, looked like a calamity waiting to happen.

Yes and he is. Never rated him, and very difficult mission for Ben Roberts, in terms of improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A lot of people wrote Maty Ryan off after his first performance and he’s turned out alright, let’s give Button a chance eh.

Bit different, very few people knew anything about Ryan, whereas I’m sure a lot of our fans have seen Button live on multiple occasions, plus TV.

Sorry, not good enough for me.

Steele every time.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bit different, very few people knew anything about Ryan, whereas I’m sure a lot of our fans have seen Button live on multiple occasions, plus TV.

Sorry, not good enough for me.

Steele every time.

I’d wager that the majority of people that have written Button off had never heard of him before we signed him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Steele hopefully back to his promising past under the guidance of Ben Roberts. Would be looking to him rather than Button personally.

Then again we might have the 4th and 5th best keepers at the club as our choices.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Steele a calamity at Sunderland

Ben Roberts wasn't the goalkeeping coach. And there is just the teeniest weeniest possibility that he was playing behind a totally crap defence that offered the goalkeeper no protection. But carry on, we are doomed, whatever.........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes and he is. Never rated him, and very difficult mission for Ben Roberts, in terms of improvement.

The problem is, that although Ben Robers is an excellent coach, and can improve competant keepers, he can't improve incompetant ones!

Sorry David, maybe you will turn out to be fine and my worries are unfounded. I certainly hope so.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ben Roberts wasn't the goalkeeping coach. And there is just the teeniest weeniest possibility that he was playing behind a totally crap defence that offered the goalkeeper no protection. But carry on, we are doomed, whatever.........

Who said anything about us being doomed? I started this thread simply because I was worried about what conceivably could happen when Mat Ryan disappears to play for Australia. He is a hard act to follow, and both Button and Steele have had their problems in the past. An understandable concern l think. Not quite the same thing as being doomed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who said anything about us being doomed? I started this thread simply because I was worried about what conceivably could happen when Mat Ryan disappears to play for Australia. He is a hard act to follow, and both Button and Steele have had their problems in the past. An understandable concern l think. Not quite the same thing as being doomed!

Regardless of who the keeper is, if we carry on playing in the one trick pony style of the last few matches we may well be doomed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Regardless of who the keeper is, if we carry on playing in the one trick pony style of the last few matches we may well be doomed.

Come on Icy, unlike you.......

Whilst I think we have played poorly, we are picking up results.

Long way to go [emoji2]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never took you a glass half empty kinda guy Icy.

Always have been :smile:

Here’s hoping that the return of Gross and Propper make the difference because we are a really hard watch at the moment and show minimum ambition to take the game to the opposition, even if they are struggling like us. It won’t end well if we keep playing like we have been...imo

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If you're not worried, you're not Albion...

Growing up on a roller coaster spoils you for the bus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here