Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ref gets three week ban for usingRock, Paper, Scissors after forgetting coin for coin toss

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A rap over the knuckles whilst in the rock position would have sufficed as punishment, I reckon.:D

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
What a ****ing world we live in these days.

Humourless twats everywhere.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I think I saw a ref using a special coin the other day on tv- it looked a bit like a big silver foil covered chocolate coin. So maybe they do have a special one.

Why didn’t he just go back and get his coin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps he'd eaten it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Keith Hackett has lodged a letter of complaint to the FA about treatment of ref McNamara and described Joanna Stimpson's comment that it was a 'moment of madness' as completely unacceptable. Low level refs are planning to have a Rock, Paper Scissors weekend instead of a coin toss in support of McNamara. Bet Stimpson is regretting her little power squeak now!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Perhaps the Premier League can redirect some of their money to give a quid to all the referees on the FA’s books. Seems like a better cause than Scudamore’s.

Jan 30, 2008
Keith Hackett has lodged a letter of complaint to the FA about treatment of ref McNamara and described Joanna Stimpson's comment that it was a 'moment of madness' as completely unacceptable. Low level refs are planning to have a Rock, Paper Scissors weekend instead of a coin toss in support of McNamara. Bet Stimpson is regretting her little power squeak now!
could have used a threepenny bit :whistle:
regards
DR

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
I'm in favor of what the short lived XFL in the USA did... a guy separated his shoulder during the very first one.

https://youtu.be/PvN4mOkZ3fo

For those not familiar, the XFL was started by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and failed spectacularly after one season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Would rather football use 'rock, paper, scissors'. It would add to the game. Players will be judged not only on their football ability, but their mind reading powers too.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Referee David McNamara has decided to appeal against his three-week ban for using a game of rock, paper, scissors in place of a coin toss.

The suspension led to scores of referees across the country using the method on Saturday in support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here