Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alan Brazil on Talk Sport

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do listen to TalkSport. I listen to Alan Brazil on my way to work, and Durham/Gough on my way home. I suspect that i, like many many listeners, do so not because it is good (though actually i don't mind Adrian Durham, unlike the vocal minority) but because of the following simple reasons.

1 - I turn the radio on, and it's there.
2 - i can't be arsed to mess around with downloading podcasts and then trying to make them play through my shitty car radio.
3 - i have little interest is music stations and don't want to listen to politics.

Once you find the podcasts you like and subscribe to them, then the latest one will just download automatically to your device and will be sat there waiting whenever you want to listen to it. Its truly minimal effort. Personally I use headphones, as sometimes I'm still listening to one when I get out the car.

Frankly, I wish I'd done it years earlier instead of putting up with Talkshite for so long for my "entertainment" to and from work.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are several recovering TSbullshit-a-holics in this thread.

The only characters I miss are Hawksby&Jacobs, who are bloody funny in a dry sarcastic way.

The plus side, I don't waste my listening life hearing banal tw*ts such as Saggers, Durham, Gough, Moose.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are several recovering TSbullshit-a-holics in this thread.

The only characters I miss are Hawksby&Jacobs, who are bloody funny in a dry sarcastic way.

The plus side, I don't waste my listening life hearing banal tw*ts such as Saggers, Durham, Gough, Moose.

The only time I hear Talksport these days is when I'm doing a few menial tasks in the kitchen, and just bung the radio on for a bit. I've found even H&J are a bit jaded these days, on the occasions I hear them.

Sometimes I listen to about 10 minutes of Goldstein and Cundy when I'm making my sandwich for the next day. Jesus, a more myopic, one-eyed insufferable pair of fvcknuggets you could not wish to hear.

Danny Kelly is alright though. When he's on with Simon Jordan the show can actually be a pretty good listen.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All of the presenters – even H&J, who I really enjoy – seem to suffer from the inability to ask the guest a question in anything less than 200 words. Sometimes there isn't even a question to answer by the end of their ramble never, it's just a statement. I'd love to hear, just once, someone call them out on it and stay silent until they're actually asked a question :lol:

However, I do find myself occasionally listening to it, purely so I can shout obscenities at these 'experts' through the wireless :moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolute mess of a bloke, just look at the state of him

Attachments

• F58D8277-867A-439A-994B-C2788AAC984A.jpeg
    F58D8277-867A-439A-994B-C2788AAC984A.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 176

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Your loss.

I find it hard to believe podcasts are beyond you, no matter how shitty your wireless is.
As [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] says there's a whole raft of top quality podcasts out there and that has to be worth the effort to make them work for you.

If only there was someone you could ask the stoooopid questions to help you get started.

Thanks. I enjoy being patronised. I can make it work, it's just a bit fiddly i choose not to most of the time and i'm not that bothered by people who think that they are superior because they listen to Barry Glendenning. (who is also a talksport presenter)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks. I enjoy being patronised. I can make it work, it's just a bit fiddly i choose not to most of the time and i'm not that bothered by people who think that they are superior because they listen to Barry Glendenning. (who is also a talksport presenter)

Sorry I seem to have omitted the obvious 'if I can podcast without it being fiddly any poohpants can".
Knowledge of tech is the only thing I have in common with BG.

If you wanted to make it less of a faff just ask, or alternatively stop damning TS with the faintest of praise.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Sorry I seem to have omitted the obvious 'if I can podcast without it being fiddly any poohpants can".
Knowledge of tech is the only thing I have in common with BG.

If you wanted to make it less of a faff just ask, or alternatively stop damning TS with the faintest of praise.

I have absolutely no idea WTF you are on about. I do, however, begin to understand why your post count is so high. Now please, just stop.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The only time I hear Talksport these days is when I'm doing a few menial tasks in the kitchen, and just bung the radio on for a bit. I've found even H&J are a bit jaded these days, on the occasions I hear them.

Sometimes I listen to about 10 minutes of Goldstein and Cundy when I'm making my sandwich for the next day. Jesus, a more myopic, one-eyed insufferable pair of fvcknuggets you could not wish to hear.

Danny Kelly is alright though. When he's on with Simon Jordan the show can actually be a pretty good listen.

Jordan is fairly interesting, Max Rushdon is amusing as well

Agree on Kelly

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here