Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've only got yourself to blame.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’ve managed to unhook myself from TS now for a few weeks. Listening to music stations instead.

Feeling much better for it.

Have you tried the BBC Sounds app? Some of the play lists on there are really excellent and it looks like they are making a play for the Spotify and Apple play/ Amazon apps that also have decent play lists.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have you tried the BBC Sounds app? Some of the play lists on there are really excellent and it looks like they are making a play for the Spotify and Apple play/ Amazon apps that also have decent play lists.

Thanks, I didn’t know about that.

I work a great deal from home and listen to youtube music videos on another pc tab. Either set playlists or their software picks up your tastes from past plays and automatically picks for you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is Alan Brazil still alive ? Jesus.

He is a grotesque, mumbling monstrosity, I made the mistake of trying the Cricket " Commentary " the other day and got the wrong Talkshite station... I quickly left.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He is a grotesque, mumbling monstrosity, I made the mistake of trying the Cricket " Commentary " the other day and got the wrong Talkshite station... I quickly left.

“ Trent Bridge is very good..... I’ve never been but I hear the hospitality is top class”

“ Anyway Chris Gayle..... why did you decide to leave Newcastle Utd” ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't stand either of them.
Since the moose got promoted he is trying to be a proper journalist, but failing.

And how the whole station still lauds Brazil for being an alcoholic when there must be a large number of the audience who have family members suffering from this desperate illness is beyond me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Podcasts. That's the way to go, there are plenty of fantastic sports podcasts you can listen to rather than that nonsense. I haven't caught more than the odd 5 mins of Brazil in the last 2-3 years. More recently - last 6 months - I've thrown the towel in on DrivelTime with Durham and Gough as well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought the Moose and Brazil were good friends?? What has happened??

The Moose is a highly respected journalist and hugely respected within the football family so I doubt any bullying of him would be tolerated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Grew very tired of Talksport some years ago, and like others have gone down the podcast route. Why would I waste my drivetime listening to that dreck when there is so much genuinely entertaining quality sports podcasting out there, that isn't absolutely saturated with constant adverts, or infected with buffoons like Brazil and 'Moose', or professional WUM's like Durham. Lifes too short.

Guardian Football Weekly
Quickly Kevin
Fighting Talk
Crouch
Flintoff, Sav, Ping Pong

That little lot does me nicely for my commutes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Talksport is one big betting advertisement podcast, their guests in the morning are generally from the betting industry in one form or another.
Shamefully sold out to advertisements and utter cockwomblery sell your soul listening.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I do listen to TalkSport. I listen to Alan Brazil on my way to work, and Durham/Gough on my way home. I suspect that i, like many many listeners, do so not because it is good (though actually i don't mind Adrian Durham, unlike the vocal minority) but because of the following simple reasons.

1 - I turn the radio on, and it's there.
2 - i can't be arsed to mess around with downloading podcasts and then trying to make them play through my shitty car radio.
3 - i have little interest is music stations and don't want to listen to politics.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I’ve managed to unhook myself from TS now for a few weeks. Listening to music stations instead.

Feeling much better for it.

I stopped listening years ago. It's garbage

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do listen to TalkSport. I listen to Alan Brazil on my way to work, and Durham/Gough on my way home. I suspect that i, like many many listeners, do so not because it is good (though actually i don't mind Adrian Durham, unlike the vocal minority) but because of the following simple reasons.

1 - I turn the radio on, and it's there.
2 - i can't be arsed to mess around with downloading podcasts and then trying to make them play through my shitty car radio.
3 - i have little interest is music stations and don't want to listen to politics.

Your loss.

I find it hard to believe podcasts are beyond you, no matter how shitty your wireless is.
As [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] says there's a whole raft of top quality podcasts out there and that has to be worth the effort to make them work for you.

If only there was someone you could ask the stoooopid questions to help you get started.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here