Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Well of course they are, he's banging the goals in and no one else looks like they can.

If Locadia or Andone want more time then they will have to earn it and earn it on impressing in 10, 15 or 20min substitute spells. If they can do that, then when Murray needs a break, which will come with the midweek games and as we head into the FA Cup, then they can earn their starts.

Honestly though, leaving out your best in form striker for 5 games just to try to 'evolve' the team; play your best team whenever you can regardless of how old they are or how much longer they might be with you.

I am a big Murray fan, but I also feel we need to change something away from home if we want a chance of better results. Murray is clearly our best in form striker, but away from home we create little and score little. I think Andone showed enough at Cardiff to warrant some starts away from home - and he gives us something different. OK, so say he's given 3 starts away, to fully get the pace of the league and see what he can do. It's not exactly a big risk at the moment [IMO] is it, I mean, we lost at Cardiff?! At home I would continue to start Murray.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Looks like we are going to drop a bundle of cash here,he has probably halved in value since we bought him.

I’d take half of the original fee tomorrow Veg. I see about 4 mill if we are lucky. ........unless he bangs in plenty in a championship team.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Looks like we are going to drop a bundle of cash here,he has probably halved in value since we bought him.

God knows how we ended up paying so much for him to start with. What are we talking... £17M? SEVENTEEN MILLION POUNDS.

Let this be a lesson learnt. What you pay and what you get are two very different things, especially from the Eredivisie. Not Locadia's fault, best of luck to him elsewhere.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
God knows how we ended up paying so much for him to start with. What are we talking... £17M? SEVENTEEN MILLION POUNDS.

Let this be a lesson learnt. What you pay and what you get are two very different things, especially from the Eredivisie. Not Locadia's fault, best of luck to him elsewhere.

Was it £14m? Still huge I know, but there’s not been a PL club yet who got lucky with every expensive signing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No idea what your point is, we bought the wrong player for the way we currently play. You can carry on making out this is Locadia’s fault, your perogative.

The witch hunt on NSC irritates the **** out of me. Barnes and Guy Butters all over again.

I’ve not actually criticised Locadia, just your continual blaming of Hughton.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Was it £14m? Still huge I know, but there’s not been a PL club yet who got lucky with every expensive signing.

Possibly, and very true but I think the only big money transfer that's lived up to [my] expectation thus far is Pröpper. Even Isq has another 30% in the reserves which I think we're yet to see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve not actually criticised Locadia, just your continual blaming of Hughton.

So who is responsible for signing a player who doesn’t fit the way we play then? Hughton has no say in the matter? If we are not going to change the way we play what is the point in signing a player who is not like Murray and is not given a run because of it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So who is responsible for signing a player who doesn’t fit the way we play then? Hughton has no say in the matter? If we are not going to change the way we play what is the point in signing a player who is not like Murray and is not given a run because of it?

That is too much to the point for many on here

A good player who obviously impressed our recruitment team doesnt become a bad player overnight.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That is too much to the point for many on here

A good player who obviously impressed our recruitment team doesnt become a bad player overnight.

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel was another expensive player who Hughton wasted millions on as well. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to question his ability in signing strikers but criticising anything Hughton does is a no no for some on here. Defenders, wingers, midfielders and keepers yes, he has a great record but strikers not so good. It’s worth discussing imo and just blaming the striker is a bit one sided imo.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I’ve already posted answers to these questions :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ricky Van Wolfswinkel was another expensive player who Hughton wasted millions on as well. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to question his ability in signing strikers but criticising anything Hughton does is a no no for some on here. Defenders, wingers, keepers yes, he has a great record but strikers not so good. It’s worth discussing imo and just blaming the striker is a bit one sided imo.

Yeah fancy defending a manager that has given us two high scoring top of the table Championship seasons and 2 Top Flight seasons so far...what are they thinking.:mad:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’ve already posted answers to these questions :thumbsup:

You’ve also said we can’t change the formation to suit a striker and I don’t think I’ve seen your answer as to why we continue to sign strikers that don’t suit the system we play.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You’ve also said we can’t change the formation to suit a striker and I don’t think I’ve seen your answer as to why we continue to sign strikers that don’t suit the system we play.

Answered those too,probably to you previously!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah fancy defending a manager that has given us two high scoring top of the table Championship seasons and 2 Top Flight seasons so far...what are they thinking.:mad:

So beyond criticism for you then, again your perogative, and no you haven’t answered the question as to why we sign strikers we can’t and won’t give a run to.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No, what I am saying is that he obviously showed ability when we were watching him and he wouldnt just suddenly lose that ability. So we need to find out and solve why it has happened.

Ok, but maybe we have, maybe in training he is far Behind our other options. They see him most days and can judge. If he wants to take his obnoxious wages somewhere else because he’s not good enough (better than what we have) then fine, bye

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here