Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=341265

Douche !!!

Locadia wants to leave Brighton: 'I never had a clear explanation

Jürgen Locadia is considering leaving his Brighton & Hove Albion club in January. The striker was attracted for at least seventeen million euros less than a year ago, at that time a record amount for the club from the Premier League. The 25-year-old attacker has little to play and has to be content with short incursions. "This situation just hurts," he says.

In January of this year Locadia closed the door at PSV behind him. He was ready for a new challenge and left for Brighton, where he signed a contract until mid-2022. Partly due to injuries he did not get any further than six matches in the Premier League last season. This season, he only started once in the league in the league and came in seven times as a substitute. "I try to stay positive, but I also get older," says Locadia in an intrigue with De Telegraaf. "I am now at an age that I have to play every week." At Brighton, I do not feel that my situation will change quickly, and I have never had the chance to show what I am worth. a good time to think about whether this is still good for me. "

Manager Chris Hughton holds for the time being the 35-year-old Glenn Murray at the point of attack, while Locadia also has competition from, for example, Alireza Jahanbakhsh. "A real clear explanation, why I do not play, I never had," continues Locadia. "The trainer will find the other strikers better, which I must respect, of course, but it is also my career, I can not keep saying" yes and amen. "I train super hard, I am top fit, but I especially have to do ten minutes of incidents. show that is really difficult. "

Locadia notices that the manager chooses for others in the attack. "The whole storyline is not right, that's what makes me angry, I was fit in February, made goals and played a good match against Manchester United in the FA Cup, then I hardly played, while they wanted me at all costs. in January, I did a good preparation in the summer, but in vain, that's just not true. "

Last summer there was a lot of interest for Locadia, but then Brighton did not want to let him go. Locadia made an appointment with his agent to look at his situation until the winter. "I respect Brighton, but I hope they respect me in this situation too, I am only a man, I want to go for the highest level and not be rented to a club in the Championship, for example. Spain, Germany, something like that, of course I have to show it myself and then hope that I get a fair chance. "

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Shouldn't have said we were a stepping stone to a bigger club!

Respect works both ways.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That all seems fair enough to me.

He did well to bite his tongue in the Summer, but as nothing has changed at some point he clearly has to ask the question:-

'Why the fook did you sing me?'

Now's as good a time as any.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No surprise, he must be very frustrated.

Whilst showing glimpses in the few chances he’s had, recently I’ve been surprised regarding how poor his first touch actually is.

Of course, it could be lack of practice, but equally I would argue that first touch should be natural.

It would probably be best if he was moved on to make way for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shouldn't have said we were a stepping stone to a bigger club!

Why not, that's exactly what the club want to hear?

Stepping stone to a bigger club + striker = £70,000,000.

"I want to see out my 5 year contract here" would scare the shat out of Mr Bloom & Barber-Out

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What is it with these dutch players talking to dutch press as if the rest of the world can't use Google Translate?

He didn't talk to them though. It was an "intrigue with De Telegraaf". So probably lots of clandestine exchanges of encrypted messages through a network of shadowy spies meeting on park benches in Hove Park etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never really given a chance, so hard to argue that he’d be better off leaving

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That all seems fair enough to me.

He did well to bite his tongue in the Summer, but as nothing has changed at some point he clearly has to ask the question:-

'Why the fook did you sing me?'

Now's as good a time as any.

Agree with this. I kind of get why we signed him at the time, but it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't fit in here.

Best for everyone if he's allowed to find another club in Jan. Luckily, with the Prem money you can afford the odd £16m cock up here and there.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one true victim of this thread is Dwayne, oh how his heart must be sinking with each empathetic agreement with Big Jurg.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He probably watched the U23 game tuesday and thought , "Yep he's better than me , may as well throw a hissy instead of grinding it out working hard and trying to earn my spot ".

See Ya .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Giving Murray another year in effect sealed his and all the other strikers fate.

It is obvious that hughton sees Murray as his number 1 and who can blame him, but it sends the message out to other strikers ( and we are not going to change our style of 1 up front) that they are substitutes at the very best, or they are relying on Murray getting suspended or injured.

If I was a striker at the club, I would be also looking to move on.

We certainly have not seen the best of locadia but maybe in our style of football we would never do so. Apart from Murray hustling and bustling up front, there are very few strikers in the premier who do the same job as well as Murray himself.

You could also argue that the young lad in the U21 who keeps banging in the goals is a perfect " bencher" and as long as Murray remains fit, that sends a message to all the other strikers we have accumulated.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
'Amen' :lolol:

Hopefully he can find a suitable club in January and we can get back some of the money(probably initially through a loan deal) we shelled out for him. Must have grated on him to see his ex-PSV teammates take on the likes of Barcelona and Inter Milan in the CL over recent months, whilst warming our bench. Murray was always going to be an extremely difficult player to overtake. Especially with such limited game time.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Hasn't done the business I'm afraid. He has had chances despite his claims. Jan loan with option to recall in order to get him playing again would make sense for all parties.

Andone surely ahead of him even from the brief appearances.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but when he tripped over the ball when running in on goal at Southampton, It became clear that this guy just isn't good enough.

Andone already looks more mobile and has a far better touch.

Time to cut our losses and ship him out.

jamie (not that one)

May 3, 2012
Valencia
He doesn't fit our system and it's not as though we mix it up tactically to give him a chance to show what he can do. I actually think he will go on and do well but we should just replace him with another Murray type (will have to within the next couple of years anyway) if we are going to stick to our guns tactically and not deviate.

Perhaps he was bought with mixing it up in mind and now we don't want to. Fair enough from us, and fair enough from Locadia for wanting to further his career by actually playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here