Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Disagree strongly. I can remember the Coventry game, he scored. The away game at United, he played well. The West Ham game he scored, goal was incorrectly disallowed. City away - any forward was fecked we had about 15% possesion and 10 men behind the ball. Huddersfield away (?) played as a midfielder in a shit performance from everyone. Palace away, I didn’t see that game so can’t comment.

Please let me know the other games that he had a genuine chance to shine, given that he hasn’t been given the chance to play himself into the team over a number of games which is absolutely essential for a forward in a team that plays such a negative set up

The myth imo is that he has been given a decent chance by CH.

NOBODY seems to impress CH other than Murray
Newcastle away..shite. league cup v Saints. Shite. Sub appearance at Saints. Shite. Every sub appearance this year bar the saints one...shite.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Please let me know the other games that he had a genuine chance to shine

Newcastle away, Southampton away, Spurs home, Fulham home, Liverpool away. Had 15mins or so in each of those games, 75 in Newcastle. Got to take your moments to shine. That's 2 hours 15mins just in those fixtures, excluding the ones you've mentioned.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Just hope we get our money back if he goes. Not slating him as a player, he may well flourish under a different system, in a different club. But for us, he just has not been able to fit in. Got the whiff of toys out of the pram though. He's still got to train with the guys. Awkward.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Played Izqueirdo in for our 2nd goal. Nicely weighted pass down the inside-left channel.

You would expect a record signing at the time of over 14 million pounds can do something occasionally

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Newcastle away, Southampton away, Spurs home, Fulham home, Liverpool away. Had 15mins or so in each of those games, 75 in Newcastle. Got to take your moments to shine. That's 2 hours 15mins just in those fixtures, excluding the ones you've mentioned.

Plus being here about a year and training every day in front Hughton. Of course people know better on here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You would expect a record signing at the time of over 14 million pounds can do something occasionally

Unless you're fortunate, £14m does not get you much in terms of strikers these days. We're very much rooting around in bargain basement territory at that type of price. We took a punt on an uproven striker in an inferior league, and unfortunately so far he's not been able to rise to the challenge. I have to agree with the general concensus on here that he's unlikely to.

Probably best all round if we cut our losses, ship him out in January, and make some movement on whoever else it is we have currently got on our radar for that position.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Think a lot of people are missing the point here. Truth be told, we have absolutely no idea how good he could be because the team isn’t set up to play to his strengths. The team have been playing without a pacey CF ever since Gus had GM the first time round. They don’t look beyond the line of the defence enough for J.C. to be effective during the sub appreances he has made. They want to knock it up to a forward who will hold it, or draw fouls which will allow them to move up the pitch. This has been the same since Falmer was opened. This also helps explain our away form where opponents aren’t frightened of us going from the halfway line to goal. No one ‘out ball’ means we soak up too much pressure which forces mistakes the other end.

I did think that signing this type of player was going to mean a light shift in style, particularly away from home where we’ve struggled, but it hasn’t. I have no idea what he was told when he signed but I’d be amazed if he was told that we’re going to continue playing as we are and that that would suit him. Would be daft to assume that. He’s struggling to do what the team wants him to do the same way a television would struggle to be a good bathplug!

Don’t blame him for having itchy feet either TBH, especially reading some of the egregious sh**e spouted on here. He isn’t playing enough, obviously is struggling because of it and a load of moany, old, overweight idiots keep calling him crap etc. Why would you be keen to stay?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Unless you're fortunate, £14m does not get you much in terms of strikers these days. We're very much rooting around in bargain basement territory at that type of price. We took a punt on an uproven striker in an inferior league, and unfortunately so far he's not been able to rise to the challenge. I have to agree with the general concensus on here that he's unlikely to.

Probably best all round if we cut our losses, ship him out in January, and make some movement on whoever else it is we have currently got on our radar for that position.

Could of been worse. We could of paid £32m for Benteke.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think a lot of people are missing the point here. Truth be told, we have absolutely no idea how good he could be because the team isn’t set up to play to his strengths. The team have been playing without a pacey CF ever since Gus had GM the first time round. They don’t look beyond the line of the defence enough for J.C. to be effective during the sub appreances he has made. They want to knock it up to a forward who will hold it, or draw fouls which will allow them to move up the pitch. This has been the same since Falmer was opened. This also helps explain our away form where opponents aren’t frightened of us going from the halfway line to goal. No one ‘out ball’ means we soak up too much pressure which forces mistakes the other end.

I did think that signing this type of player was going to mean a light shift in style, particularly away from home where we’ve struggled, but it hasn’t. I have no idea what he was told when he signed but I’d be amazed if he was told that we’re going to continue playing as we are and that that would suit him. Would be daft to assume that. He’s struggling to do what the team wants him to do the same way a television would struggle to be a good bathplug!

Don’t blame him for having itchy feet either TBH, especially reading some of the egregious sh**e spouted on here. He isn’t playing enough, obviously is struggling because of it and a load of moany, old, overweight idiots keep calling him crap etc. Why would you be keen to stay?

This thread is about Jurgen Locadia. Who is the 'pacey striker' you're talking about? :shrug:

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove

Totally agree, best for the club and the player. Reportedly one of, if not the, highest earners at the club. Sure we can put that money to better use with players more suited to our tactics.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In fairness he started off alright but he hasn't done much since? I'm all for supporting our player's but if one of our players can't support us then best let them go?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hard to shine as a forward over a 15 min spell in a team that hardly ventures over the halfway line and when the ball comes it’s normally from a hoof which requires a Murray type player.

I’m not going to argue the point any further as I know am very much in a minority on here and as he isn’t going to get a run in the only formation we play in, there is no way I can expect those who have decided he’s a shit lazy waste of money to even consider changing their minds :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Original interview. Paywall you can get round, but I can't be arsed > https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2801...oon-pijn?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic

here's the full text google translated...

Luckily, Locadia (25) was in January with his transition to England. Even when he was injured, Brighton had such a huge amount left for him. It made him the most expensive player in the club's history at that time. Once fit, the start was excellent with goals in the FA Cup and in his league debut, but slowly but surely he disappeared from the radar.

'In my opinion I never got the chance'
Locadia has enough of that. "I try to stay positive, but I also get older. I am now at an age that I have to play weekly. At Brighton, I do not feel that my situation will change quickly. In my opinion, I never had the chance to show what I am worth. I think winter is a good time to think if this is still good for me. "

The intermediate balance of Locadia is worrying. He should especially have short incursions this season. Only when visiting Manchester City (2-0) he was allowed to start in the starting line, but as the deepest striker of the ultra-defensive Brighton, there was little honor to be gained. Precisely the first striker of the English middleweight, the 35-year-old Glenn Murray, extended his contract this week.

"A real clear explanation, why I do not play, I never had," continues Locadia, which is still fixed until mid 2022. "The trainer will find the other strikers better. I must, of course, respect that. But it is also my career, I can not keep saying 'yes and amen'. I train super hard, I am top fit, but I especially have to show it in ten minutes of incursion. That is really difficult. "

Locadia tries to be as professional as possible within the club when he is not playing. In that respect he also grew as a person in comparison with his first years in PSV's main force. Yet it keeps on gnawing at him, why he gets so little play time from manager Chris Hughton.

"I think about it a lot. And then I first look at myself. I think that on training sessions and also during competitions, however briefly, I show what I have in my march. This trainer often gives top purchases the time and space to get used to. José Izquierdo and Alireza Jahanbakhsh (ex-AZ, ed.) Also did not play at the beginning, but now they do. But I have been waiting for a year, "says Locadia, who searches for the right words to pack his feeling as well as possible.

"The whole storyline is wrong. That is what makes me angry. I was fit in February, scored goals and also played a good match against Manchester United in the FA Cup. After that I hardly played, while they wanted me at all costs in January. In the summer I turned a good preparation, but in vain. That is simply not true. "

Hughton regularly called Locadia during the first months of this season to his office to explain which tactical reasons he put forward not to draw him up, but that too is a thing of the past. For the attacker it is time to look elsewhere.

"In the summer, a departure for Brighton was not an option, although there was interest in beautiful clubs. Then I agreed with my agent to look at the situation until the winter. Soon there will be a conversation. I respect Brighton, but I hope they respect me in this situation. I'm only human. I want to go for the highest level and not be rented to a club in the Championship, for example. I hope for a club in Spain, Germany, something like that. Of course I have to show it myself and then hope that I get a fair chance. "

While his old club PSV runs like a tier in the Eredivisie, the man who left the championship last season halfway is just as self-employed. His biggest hobby - Locadia is also disc jockey - is a welcome outlet every now and then.

"Brighton really seemed like the perfect next step. I also feel that I have become even more complete as a footballer. But then I want to be able to measure myself with other players. And not just on training ... "

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I for one will be heartily signing his name if we ever play another home game.

It's not his fault the manager can't sing or player strikers.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hasn't done the business I'm afraid. He has had chances despite his claims. Jan loan with option to recall in order to get him playing again would make sense for all parties.

Andone surely ahead of him even from the brief appearances.

Are you joking?

He has made 4 starts for us in the PL, one of them as a right winger (Palace away), one of them as a left winger (Leicester) and two as a striker (away at Liverpool & City). Overall he has played just 433 minutes for Albion almost all from the bench in numerous positions he isn't used to playing. When he does get to play in his natural role he's set up to fail with either 10 minutes to make a difference or he's playing a thankless job against the best team in the league. I think this is one of the worst if not the worst signings we made in the PL, he was literally a better version of Baldock and we never intended to play 4-4-2. He has been setup to fail and I totally understand his frustration. We're going to lose a lot of money on this one and we are 100% to blame for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you joking?

He has made 4 starts for us in the PL, one of them as a right winger (Palace away), one of them as a left winger (Leicester) and two as a striker (away at Liverpool & City). Overall he has played just 433 minutes for Albion almost all from the bench in numerous positions he isn't used to playing. When he does get to play in his natural role he's set up to fail with either 10 minutes to make a difference or he's playing a thankless job against the best team in the league. I think this is one of the worst if not the worst signings we made in the PL, he was literally a better version of Baldock and we never intended to play 4-4-2. He has been setup to fail and I totally understand his frustration. We're going to lose a lot of money on this one and we are 100% to blame for it.

Nail and head.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
This thread is about Jurgen Locadia. Who is the 'pacey striker' you're talking about? :shrug:

Touché. Although, in terms of what we’ve previously had he is far, far quicker. He won’t be put through on goal and turn back like GM did last year against Arsenal for example. His game isn’t about occupying defenders and drawing fouls either.

Without purposely attempting to bore you to breath I’ll ask you this: Do you think he was bought to be played in the same manner that Murray and Ulloa were? Because if he was then how did his obvious failings get past our very good recruitment team? He was bought with an eye on picking up more away points and expanding upon the ways we’re currently capable of playing. If Houghton has had a good look and doesn’t feel he’s good enough to warrant the change then that’s fair enough. What isn’t fair enough is calling him sh** and giving him pelters because he’s not set the world alight with his brief cameos and relying upon service that doesn’t suit him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here